Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

+30
Sir_Alexander
Spec
Baldwin
Ulrick
Ragemelon
Lord-Willy
Phyrex
goblib
Snake
Emciel
Ronin
LiasTheBeast
TheNarrator
Blooden
Harman
Frosty
Hubbel
Morii
Varadin
HellHammer
Vrooooom
Minutus
M
Tezrian
Willow
Uruk34
RalliX
BD_Baby_Wolf
kekn
BULLDOG
34 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 8 Empty Re: The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

Post by Snake Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:38 am

Frosty wrote:
Snake wrote:
BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Balded? Why? Sorry, Frosty, i never meant to insult you.
Uhhh why no one ever asks me to make a map? T_T

Bulldog asked me at the time I was on Razz
Damn you! We shall have a Battle of maps, the best one earns the Crown of Mapping Khu khu khu khu..(evil laugh)

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 8 Empty Re: The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:06 am

Snake, no offense, but Frosties maps are much less complicated, thus lighter and less lagy. Frankly his ruins is probably the best map out there.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:19 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Snake, no offense, but Frosties maps are much less complicated, thus lighter and less lagy. Frankly his ruins is probably the best map out there.
Sadly after this message, Wolf has passed away, please lets make 1 min of silence for his sadly death.. Sad

My Snake's Realm V2 is the best, no lag at all and its small( The Arena with Duel Arena, Cav Arena, and archer arena, and weird Admin cloud)

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by M Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 am

You're both good, let's not turn this into "The League of Cartographers !! Are you the best mapper on Warband ??" Razz

I have fewer FPS problems on Frosty's maps though I have to say, although your map with the thing in the middle and the cushion that travels from end to end is very good in that regard too Snake.

I think the tournament map should be added to the public rotation too, it's very good.
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:28 am

I like Snakes map Very Happy

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 am

Frosty wrote:I like Snakes map Very Happy
And I like Frosty Tournament Map, I just get anoied from the black sea colour Neutral I think there is some way to delete it Neutral

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:32 am

Snake wrote:
Frosty wrote:I like Snakes map Very Happy
And I like Frosty Tournament Map, I just get anoied from the black sea colour Neutral I think there is some way to delete it Neutral

That can easily be ignored Razz

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 am

I like a separate tournament / league idea more than constant rating system. I simply don't want to be "recorded" every time I hop on a server, as in the long term I don't find it fun or encouraging for trying out new styles and tricks. There was a lot of discussion on this matter on TW forums when a software and website for basic rating system was created. Only a handful of servers started to record player stats.

About the off topic on maps: My favourite is still the simple one with wall, fence and field, made by Spec. If only cav could be gently pushed outside the wall, where there's room for them Smile Spec's other map, the "field by the river" is cool too, but it's rarely in rotation. Dunno why, I get no fps variation in it, even though I get some (with certain settings) in the modded ruins map. League map is cool too.

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by M Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:09 am

Minutus wrote:I like a separate tournament / league idea more than constant rating system. I simply don't want to be "recorded" every time I hop on a server, as in the long term I don't find it fun or encouraging for trying out new styles and tricks. There was a lot of discussion on this matter on TW forums when a software and website for basic rating system was created. Only a handful of servers started to record player stats.
Yeah I agree with this, if it was a constantly running rating system there would need to be a separate way of starting rated duels. I muck about with silly weapons and stuff on ndition's quite a bit and I wouldn't want that to affect my ranking really. I think a rating system like elo etc might suit this better though because of the trouble with getting 35+ people on the server at the same time. With a rated duel system you could do "serious" duels any time you're on the server, if you like, with any number of other people who feel like it, even if it's just you and one other guy.
M
M
Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 am

M wrote:
I think the tournament map should be added to the public rotation too, it's very good.

This! I only played on it for 15 min or so, and there were still some attacks-through ppl and not-working blocks -bugs etc., but it was the first time in ages that things felt 'smooth' again!
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 am

No rating means tournaments by chaos system (you loos - you're out).
Rating may be tied to your nickname, so if you log in under another name you will not be rated. Anyway there are many advantages to the rating system, while the disadvantages may be turned off manually. And forget the Elo system! I was playing chess for many ears and i know that this particular system does not suit WB at all.
Anyway, i am really disappointed by the players. We prepared the whole week for the event and 20% of players didn't arrive! For the second event only 20% arrived... Frosty and Bulldog worked really hard for this to happen and the players just, excuse my french, crapped on them...
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:16 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:No rating means tournaments by chaos system (you loos - you're out).
Rating may be tied to your nickname, so if you log in under another name you will not be rated. Anyway there are many advantages to the rating system, while the disadvantages may be turned off manually. And forget the Elo system! I was playing chess for many ears and i know that this particular system does not suit WB at all.
Anyway, i am really disappointed by the players. We prepared the whole week for the event and 20% of players didn't arrive! For the second event only 20% arrived... Frosty and Bulldog worked really hard for this to happen and the players just, excuse my french, crapped on them...
Wolf, no ofence, you write to much, plus I never heard of Chess that you play for someone's ears alien
I think the main problem is to many people.. random or not.

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:15 pm

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:I will do a whole new rating calculation system, only slightly based on Elo.
And it has nothing to do with the K/D ratio Smile
So lets say you have 1200 (base rating) and you beat a player with 2200 rating, youll get 20 points and he will get -20. but if he beats you - you get -1 and he gets +1 point. Rating for same rating duel will be modified by 4-5 points.
It's a bit complicated formula, but i think i can make it. If only Willow and Bulldog would be interested, we can make a poll and decide the question.

Nice idea, I don't think a custom system such as the one you proposed would work out very well though. The problem with it is it would take too much time for players to reach their true rating (especially for really good and really bad players). As a result, lots of ratings would be based on fights against players who's rating doesn't reflect their skill level very well.
The Elo system also has some inherent flaws. It could still take quite a few duels before players reach their true rating, also I think it is less accurate than some more modern systems.
I think the best option would be to use the Glicko-2 rating system. Microsoft's TrueSkill system also seems nice, but there aren't really any decent implementations for it. One of the major differences between Glicko-2/TrueSkill and the Elo system is they add a variable that tracks the reliability of a player's rating.

Minutus wrote:I like a separate tournament / league idea more than constant rating system. I simply don't want to be "recorded" every time I hop on a server, as in the long term I don't find it fun or encouraging for trying out new styles and tricks. There was a lot of discussion on this matter on TW forums when a software and website for basic rating system was created. Only a handful of servers started to record player stats.

I agree, I wouldn't like the idea of being "recorded" all the time either. One solution could be to keep the ratings hidden and only use them to assign players to a group for the tournament. If players do want to be ranked, it could be optional.

We'd still have to find some way to implement it though. The easiest way would be to just make a program that can generate the ratings from the log files. However, this would mean someone would have to download the log files each day and process them, which is a little tedious. So how to automate this process?
Using the functions in the module system to send an update after each fight is not an option I think since it would cause too much traffic. And since we don't have root access to our server we can't make a cron job for it (would've been a nice option if we had a dedicated server).
So someone would have to do it locally, I can probably make a script for it that automatically downloads the logs through ftp, archives them and generates the ratings. But it would still have to be run by someone everyday.
Willow
Willow
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Well, the log files are most likely simple .txt files, right? Some simple VBA could easily import this to excel where you can do all the calculations with a click of a button. Every day, you say, so the logs are deleted every day? Can't believe that, but if that's the case, then someone would have to save them each day. scratch
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:28 am

Three people thinking the same thing is always a good start Smile
I also was thinking of a program that would process the logs every 24 hours. And since i never turn off my computer i can make it as curfew to lets say 2:10 GMT.
So basically it will download the logs on 02:00-02:00 GMT, download a generated player list (maybe a subscribe box in the "ratings" section of the forum with name input that edits a *txt file on the forum server, like "Enter an ingame name") and the program will generate the rating txt file that will be uploaded to the forum.
As for the starting rating - 1200 as basic and then it will be determined by 20 duels with rated players that will not effect their rating. The best system here is actually the Elo system.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord-Willy Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:36 am

I'm having Problems with warband and in General with the PC so i wont partecipate until i fix them .

Cheers

Willy

Lord-Willy
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 am

Sorry to hear that. I wish you to fix those problems as soon as possible.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord-Willy Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:29 pm

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Sorry to hear that. I wish you to fix those problems as soon as possible.
Thanks my Friend Wink

Lord-Willy
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldwin Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:52 am

I wont have internet on sunday evening so I wont make it too.

Baldwin
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by M Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 am

kekn wrote:Well, the log files are most likely simple .txt files, right? Some simple VBA could easily import this to excel where you can do all the calculations with a click of a button. Every day, you say, so the logs are deleted every day? Can't believe that, but if that's the case, then someone would have to save them each day. scratch
Jest servers keep the logs for 7 or 8 days I think.
M
M
Page

Back to top Go down

Post by M Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 am

Also, this is presumably canceled if the server isn't fixed by tomorrow night? Sad
M
M
Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:55 am

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this won't be going on till the server issues are fixed. As I said in the other thread, I've now PMed Jest enquiring as to the cause of the problems.
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Ah dammit!

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:29 pm

I had time this sunday, but next week I can't make it (I assume problems will be solved by then). Still haven't played any duels in the tournament Sad I suppose you can either disqualify me or have me play against around 20 duelers in two weeks, up to you guys.
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:04 pm

I think this is a perfect example of " let's try that again, shall we?".
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next