Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

+30
Sir_Alexander
Spec
Baldwin
Ulrick
Ragemelon
Lord-Willy
Phyrex
goblib
Snake
Emciel
Ronin
LiasTheBeast
TheNarrator
Blooden
Harman
Frosty
Hubbel
Morii
Varadin
HellHammer
Vrooooom
Minutus
M
Tezrian
Willow
Uruk34
RalliX
BD_Baby_Wolf
kekn
BULLDOG
34 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

Post by Vrooooom Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:05 am

I'm gonna have to pull out of this. I couldn't make the first one at the last minute and it looks like I won't have enough time for the others either.

Vrooooom
Serf

Back to top Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

Post by kekn Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 am

Dammit, I have something this sunday too, I'm afraid. So like vrooooom I think it might be better if I pulled out... I will have missed out on 2 tournament days already. Hopefully I'll be better disposed next tournament.

This usually don't happen, you know I'm pretty active on the events.
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by BULLDOG Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:44 am

Ok Guys, no problem. We continue the league on the Sunday after the Waterloo Event.

It´ll be the the 3rd October.

The Scoring from yesterday will come tommorow. Sorry for beeing late but we had a Clan battle today.
BULLDOG
BULLDOG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Snake wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:Thanks to all players. I saw a lot of really great duels. I post the league table where you can see your points and the groups for next sunday in the next 2 days. I think it will get so really exciting after the next tournament day when the point distance got bigger .

The players which missed their fights today can repeat them still next sunday.

Thanks to all referees!! Minutus for beeing so spontan, Frosty for the great map and Baby Wolf and Scor for the BIG help in organisation !!!!
I totally failed the tourney Very Happy
Bulldog, can I be now not epic but Epic Failure? xD
As was already discussed, you and Scor will be moved out off the epic group to new group (which is cooler) called "Glamorous members"
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:53 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:
Snake wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:Thanks to all players. I saw a lot of really great duels. I post the league table where you can see your points and the groups for next sunday in the next 2 days. I think it will get so really exciting after the next tournament day when the point distance got bigger .

The players which missed their fights today can repeat them still next sunday.

Thanks to all referees!! Minutus for beeing so spontan, Frosty for the great map and Baby Wolf and Scor for the BIG help in organisation !!!!
I totally failed the tourney Very Happy
Bulldog, can I be now not epic but Epic Failure? xD
As was already discussed, you and Scor will be moved out off the epic group to new group (which is cooler) called "Glamorous members"

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Free Bjordhinn! Thumbs Up Ass Chest Man bone Very Happy:D:D

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by BULLDOG Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:44 am

Results from day 1 and the total score board are added (1st Post) !! The results are not totally clear because of the missed players which are marked with a "S"

The missed duels will be on the 3rd October (DAY 2)

The new Groups will be posted soon !!!

Click here for the TW thread.
BULLDOG
BULLDOG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldwin Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:27 am

I'm 10th! Yay!

Baldwin
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:28 am

glad to see four people from my group in the top 10!

grats Willy, Baldwin, Harman and Titan!

and everyone else!

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNarrator Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:58 am

No fair! I still have to do two duels Laughing!

TheNarrator
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:07 am

I still have to do ehmm.. 6 or so albino
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by BULLDOG Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 am

First post updated !! ( Overview about the missed duels from DAY 1, new Groups for DAY 2)

Taleworlds thread: CLICK HERE
BULLDOG
BULLDOG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:06 am

LOL Im still in? though I failed and got perm ban from the event Very Happy

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyrex Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:25 am

I'm forced to withdraw from the league I'm afraid. Ndition Duel Server is completely unplayable for me at the moment. My swings and blocks are animated in slow-motion for me.

Phyrex
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by M Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 am

Phyrex wrote:I'm forced to withdraw from the league I'm afraid. Ndition Duel Server is completely unplayable for me at the moment. My swings and blocks are animated in slow-motion for me.
It's been like this for me and LordWilly on most servers since 1.123, I experience it most on ndition's though. I usually get told it's my computer (stable FPS) or my internet connection (low ping and 0% loss), it's pretty sweet. I hope you stick around in the tournament though, you can probably still beat me and plenty others with the fighting-through-glue problem and it's just a bit of fun on a sunday anyway Smile
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by M Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 am

Also am I reading the tables wrong or do I only get to fight two people this sunday? Sad
M
M
Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am

M wrote:
Phyrex wrote:I'm forced to withdraw from the league I'm afraid. Ndition Duel Server is completely unplayable for me at the moment. My swings and blocks are animated in slow-motion for me.
It's been like this for me and LordWilly on most servers since 1.123, I experience it most on ndition's though. I usually get told it's my computer (stable FPS) or my internet connection (low ping and 0% loss), it's pretty sweet. I hope you stick around in the tournament though, you can probably still beat me and plenty others with the fighting-through-glue problem and it's just a bit of fun on a sunday anyway Smile

Same for me, but mostly only the last 2 days or so.
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord-Willy Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Too True M. Phyrex I suggest you before to leave to give a try out on nditions Wiht DM because if it will be as it was on the last Sunday , its a way less laggy than the Nditions with the Duel mode.

Thanks Frosty!And yeah Green Team FTW! Very Happy

Lord-Willy
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:34 pm

I also notice a difference between Duel and DM mode, especially when the server has lots of players. The effect with smaller numbers isn't really that big for me, and is well comparable with other servers of the same ping level. Then again, my ping isn't exactly on low range on nditions, so it might be harder for me to see what lag is ping related and what is server side lag.

Question to headadmins: How often is the server restarted (approx)? And can you see some statistics on how much ram / I/O does it use etc.? Also some kind of comparison between duel and dm mode (in terms of serverside resource use) would be great.

M wrote:Also am I reading the tables wrong or do I only get to fight two people this sunday?

This Sunday won't be a league day, due to Waterloo event. Next fights are on 3rd of October. Edit: And yes, our group is not having duels with another group that day. Every time (except the first) this is the case for one group, our turn is first. Hopefully kekn and Vroooooom won't withdrawn after all, since they can easily catch up the others next time.

Edit 2:

Morii wrote:Same for me, but mostly only the last 2 days or so.

You've been lagging? We've had like 1000 duels in the past few days, and you didn't say a word about that? Neutral A lot of "bullshit" things happened for sure Very Happy, but nothing that really differs from normal in my side. If it's bugged overheads (mainly late hits), then I think it's just a bug that came along the newest patches. I swear once I even heard the start of a block sound before the hit went through, and couple of times the opponent has taken few steps after the overhead anim and then dropped down dead. There's something really weird going on with overheads.

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Minutus wrote:I also notice a difference between Duel and DM mode, especially when the server has lots
Morii wrote:Same for me, but mostly only the last 2 days or so.
You've been lagging? We've had like 1000 duels in the past few days, and you didn't say a word about that? Neutral A lot of "bullshit" things happened for sure Very Happy, but nothing that really differs from normal in my side. If it's bugged overheads (mainly late hits), then I think it's just a bug that came along the newest patches. I swear once I even heard the start of a block sound before the hit went through, and couple of times the opponent has taken few steps after the overhead anim and then dropped down dead. There's something really weird going on with overheads.

Yes we did have way too many duels these last days, you must know my every move by now Crying or Very sad .
And no, I usually don't speak about lag much on servers because people never believe me as my ping is usually very low (10-20) (I need this ping however as my monitor is very old and my fps will drop exrtremely when my ping goes over 40 or so). Also I just don't want to sound like a whiner making excuses because I lost a duel.Sad

the game does seem to run much smoother on DM mode for me though, so I hope that will solve the problem for most people.
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyrex Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:21 am

How many scripts are currently run on the server? And can they be a cause for this?

Phyrex
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyrex Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:59 am

Also, every single MB server in the universe, apart from Ndition, behaves as it should with or with no lag.

If I have lag on other servers they behave accordingly.

I can play on the 22nd siege/battle servers with 200+ people on them with 60-80 ping and perfect fps.

What I'm trying to say is that Ndition has some really weird lag, lag which I've never seen or felt before apart from on that server. I just don't know what it is. Sad

Ndition is my favorite server, all of this sucks Sad

Ow well, I'll be getting a new really expensive comp next week, hope it will perform better! xD

Phyrex
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:19 am

For me 22nd servers lag by far the most. It's hard to get a stable fps on those 100+ player servers, and there's clearly some serverside lag too. However, my ping tends to be even worse there so it's one of the reasons for sure. Weird things tend to happen in 22nd duel server too though, where - even though their custom map eats more comp resources than any of the maps in nditions rotation - I can easily get a stable fps rate, so that's not the case. I think using the same core for different servers might be causing this, but I'm no expert here. When playing in those 100+ player servers, I can see that almost everyone in the battlefields is slowed down in their moves. It is understandable there though, since most probably try to play there with same settings as in smaller servers, plus according to the calculations we've done with Willow the serverside lag is inevitable with such high player numbers.

Edit: Oh, Morii: fps is not bound to ping in any way. There are three factors that cause "lag" in game: 1) ping, 2) serverside lag, 3) fps rate. Well the gear you use for playing can cause problems too - refresh rate, missing frames, input lag (there's a post about this made by Willow, in the general discussions section). Serverside lag can sometimes be seen as higher pings, but it's not always the case, which makes it pretty tricky thing.

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by M Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:44 am

The lag on ndition's isn't related to client FPS or internet connection.
M
M
Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:35 am

True, it's serverside. It actually does have an effect on pings as well, but the noticeable changes in numbers happen only to those with mid to high ping (I get +15 when this happens). It seems to become a problem at prime time, especially weekend evenings, but I guess it's the same whenever the server is populated to near full capability. It feels awfully sticky, like stated here before, and weird things happen. I normally play at odd hours (mainly cause I've had that ping issue during evenings for a while now, which in fact might be just a side effect of serverside lag) so I haven't seen how bad it goes, but yeah, it definitely cripples the combat.

I have a theory, which is based on the fact that duel mode takes more resources than any other game mode, which I believe Willow once said to me after he run some tests on his server. The server is provided by Jestservers right? I guess when they sell slots they made some tests on how much server resources are needed to guarantee a working server when it's full of people. However, the duel mode was added relatively late, and some server owners have said the new patches consume more resources in general as well. Maybe it's too much for the server? Restarting the server more often might ease it a bit, but it's not cool as a permanent solution (unless it's done very rarely atm, which I don't believe is the case). Can those with access to the server see some statistics or something? Otherwise, I'd just contact Jestservers.

Edit: Also note that Nditions tend to be the only duel server with lots of people in it.

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:45 am

You will lag on high player servers if your PC specs are bad, you would have to upgrade, I am fine with a NVIDIA 8400 GS Graphics card and a 2.3 Intel Core Processor, and they are pretty outdated now.

And the only lag I get on Nditions is internet connection, because I know my internet is bad. :@

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next