Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

+30
Sir_Alexander
Spec
Baldwin
Ulrick
Ragemelon
Lord-Willy
Phyrex
goblib
Snake
Emciel
Ronin
LiasTheBeast
TheNarrator
Blooden
Harman
Frosty
Hubbel
Morii
Varadin
HellHammer
Vrooooom
Minutus
M
Tezrian
Willow
Uruk34
RalliX
BD_Baby_Wolf
kekn
BULLDOG
34 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

Post by Frosty Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:48 am

Is this still on? not heard any news on it =/

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 7 Empty Semi-quitting M&B

Post by Ulrick Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:57 am

I'll have to cancel from the tournament as I cannot promise that I will be around to play MB before the tournament has ended. I'm playing the game less and less because of other games and the fact that my internet connection is shared between 5 other people, so most of the time my ping is too high(100+) to play properly. As the tournament have only had it's first day so far and that was long ago I feel this whole thing is going to take too long for me. I'm not playing MB much at all anymore and it'd be ridiculous for me to come back now when im out of practice. Best of luck to all...
Ulrick

Ulrick
Levy

Back to top Go down

The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ?? - Page 7 Empty Re: The league of Gentlemen !! Are you the best dueler on Warband ??

Post by Frosty Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 am

Ulrick wrote:I'm playing the game less and less because of other games

*cough* WoW *cough*

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:16 am

Referees, please, lets meet an hour before the event to clear the things a bit. ok?
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:16 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Referees, please, lets meet on TS an hour before the event to clear the things a bit. ok?
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by virus_found Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 am

May I participate today? Or it's too late to apply?
BD_Amy_Webb
virus_found
virus_found
Squire

http://www.last.fm/user/virus_found

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:35 am

virus_found wrote:May I participate today? Or it's too late to apply?
BD_Amy_Webb
Sorry, the lists are full. But we sure would like you to participate in the next tournament Smile
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by M Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:16 am

Where are you guys? Piss-poor turnout...

I was only supposed to have two duels today to finish round one's session from two weeks ago and neither of you has shown up again.

Don't sign up for something if you don't want to/can't come. :/ I mean, shit, I saw kekn about an hour ago and he's done a vanishing act.
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by BULLDOG Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:34 am

Sadly we had to delay the league to next sunday because too less players showed up !!! Please show up next Sunday, 10th October. Otherwise we have to disqualify a few.
BULLDOG
BULLDOG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:35 am

I was looking forward to this, and hardly anyone turned up! you make frosty sad Sad

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 am

Frosty wrote:I was looking forward to this, and hardly anyone turned up! you make frosty sad Sad

not cool guys, I have seen at least 5 duelists this afternoon that didnt show up this evening, not cool. If you can't make it let it at least be known up front so we don't find out when the tournament is about to start.

I guess I'll fight my 13 opponents next week, if I can make it.. if I can't: I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Tezrian Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 am

Well we should rename it really xD.

I would say the Forgotten Duel league or better league of the forgetful.

Really its a bit sad that only nearly the half was here. If they say they wont made it that day, all would be fine for me but things like that is a bit annoying. Isn´t really gentlemen like. Wink

Tezrian
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:37 am

The main problem is, that WB is just another MP game, so you can't expect people to be interested in event, that is divided into 6 parts.
So currently I'm thinking of a way to make a 36 players + 3 refs tournament, that will only take 2 hours (one day). It will also take a bit more organization, but it will take ONLY TWO HOURS!!! It will use the same table system, so it would be fair too.
Things i need for this to happen:
Frostys creationism, Willows wits, Bulldogs organization and your "OK".
Basic idea is to divide the players by "true strength" into 3 groups (master/veteran/novice) and putting each ref to control two nearby cages. This will save us the time by 6, so instead of 2 hours * 6 days, it will be just the 2 hours.
Thanks for reading my crap.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:40 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:The main problem is, that WB is just another MP game, so you can't expect people to be interested in event, that is divided into 6 parts.
So currently I'm thinking of a way to make a 36 players + 3 refs tournament, that will only take 2 hours (one day). It will also take a bit more organization, but it will take ONLY TWO HOURS!!! It will use the same table system, so it would be fair too.
Things i need for this to happen:
Frostys creationism, Willows wits, Bulldogs organization and your "OK".
Basic idea is to divide the players by "true strength" into 3 groups (master/veteran/novice) and putting each ref to control two nearby cages. This will save us the time by 6, so instead of 2 hours * 6 days, it will be just the 2 hours.
Thanks for reading my crap.

I like it. Especially the part I balded

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:43 am

Balded? Why? Sorry, Frosty, i never meant to insult you.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

It's an interesting idea, but who will decide the 'true strength' of players? This might get dramatic as probably a lot of ppl like to consider themselves 'master', and very little ppl would want to be in the 'novice' group.
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Morii wrote:It's an interesting idea, but who will decide the 'true strength' of players? This might get dramatic as probably a lot of ppl like to consider themselves 'master', and very little ppl would want to be in the 'novice' group.
Its a simple rating system. There was a talk on the duel server one day and players were interested in it.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:45 pm

you mean a system that memorizes kills and deaths like one of the US servers had/has?
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 am

Something like that, yes, but it also will give you a numerical rating.
Anyway, if Willow wants to make it, i'll be glad to come up with some formulas for calculating it.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:27 am

It sounds cool, I just hope it won't turn into a 'kill-farming' by only fighting noobs in order to maintain a good ratio.
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by M Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:58 am

Yeah if it's just K/D I won't be taking part.

You could do something like the Elo system they currently use for chess (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system). Everyone starts on 1500 rating which is the average. It increases if you win duels, decreases if you lose, but the amount is modified by your opponent's rating relative to your own. So if for example I'm a 1900 rated duelist and I beat New_Player who is 1100 rating, I get barely anything, but if I beat another duelist closer to my rating I'll get decent rating from it.

Maybe there could be a different way of greeting for rated duels and people could just do them any time.

I'm perfectly happy with the format of the current league if people actually turn up though! Razz
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 am

M wrote:Yeah if it's just K/D I won't be taking part.

You could do something like the Elo system they currently use for chess (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system). Everyone starts on 1500 rating which is the average. It increases if you win duels, decreases if you lose, but the amount is modified by your opponent's rating relative to your own. So if for example I'm a 1900 rated duelist and I beat New_Player who is 1100 rating, I get barely anything, but if I beat another duelist closer to my rating I'll get decent rating from it.

Maybe there could be a different way of greeting for rated duels and people could just do them any time.

I'm perfectly happy with the format of the current league if people actually turn up though! Razz

I like the Elo system-idea much better, would be a lot less open to abuse. The only thing that would suck is if the scripts that would be necessary for it make the server even buggier.
And like M I'm also fine with the current format, its the people that don't show up or don't let it be known in advance that they can't make it that screwed this sunday's event (everyone can have last minute emergencies, but I don't believe that half of the ppl in this tournament all had one this sunday). So lets try to finish this tournament the way it is now first, before starting to think about a possible next one.

~Morii
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:29 am

I will do a whole new rating calculation system, only slightly based on Elo.
And it has nothing to do with the K/D ratio Smile
So lets say you have 1200 (base rating) and you beat a player with 2200 rating, youll get 20 points and he will get -20. but if he beats you - you get -1 and he gets +1 point. Rating for same rating duel will be modified by 4-5 points.
It's a bit complicated formula, but i think i can make it. If only Willow and Bulldog would be interested, we can make a poll and decide the question.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:19 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Balded? Why? Sorry, Frosty, i never meant to insult you.
Uhhh why no one ever asks me to make a map? T_T

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:31 am

Snake wrote:
BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Balded? Why? Sorry, Frosty, i never meant to insult you.
Uhhh why no one ever asks me to make a map? T_T

Bulldog asked me at the time I was on Razz

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next