Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

+19
Sir_Alexander
Willow
BD_SpecOps
Snake
Brute
mcbeverage101
kekn
Hamalech
Weren
Frosty
Ramses
TKTom
Sobri
Benfree
Emciel
Spec
Valarya
Cashnexus
Kerecsen
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by kekn Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 am

BD_SpecOps wrote:OH! and tell me if you ever had that dark wish in your heart that the world will be post apocalyptic with radioactive disaster just so you can experience STALKER first hand in real life Laughing

7-9-13

I hope not No
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:32 am

BD_SpecOps wrote:

WOW! i think our minds are alligned more than you can realise, i know what you mean regarding every bit you wrote here,
i got that thing with radioactive stuff Very Happy there is something fascinating about it, the fact its so dangerous, you cant see it, you can only mentally realise the danger,
and chernobyl... damn if it aint the most fascinating place on earth!

EDIT:

OH! and tell me if you ever had that dark wish in your heart that the world will be post apocalyptic with radioactive disaster just so you can experience STALKER first hand in real life Laughing
having that surviving reality... that is exactly it! spot on!

OH OH! and did you see that photo blog of that russian woman (the biker) who made a trip to the zone, took photographs and wrote on all of her experience in chernobyl? that was great too

Exactly! Fallout 3 for example.. I loved those steam-punk elements and this early cold-war setting :'D Just cool!

But Stalker will be an alltime favourite.. I dont know about the blog.. you should send me a link or somethign! :'D

Haha, Stalker told me everything about surviving in a radioactive world. Please god, make the world post-apocalyptic. x'D! I really like this whole "Improvise Weapons / Traps" stuff and all that. But Zombie-Apocalypse would be cool aswell!

Ah and ever read about the Karachay Lake? (Google озеро Карача́й and you'll finde a few pics) Its the most dirtiest place on the world. Taking a walk there would kill you in a very short time Smile I think I've read you'll fall into coma within minutes. But I cant remember really! :'D
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_SpecOps Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 am

Valarya wrote:
BD_SpecOps wrote:

WOW! i think our minds are alligned more than you can realise, i know what you mean regarding every bit you wrote here,
i got that thing with radioactive stuff Very Happy there is something fascinating about it, the fact its so dangerous, you cant see it, you can only mentally realise the danger,
and chernobyl... damn if it aint the most fascinating place on earth!

EDIT:

OH! and tell me if you ever had that dark wish in your heart that the world will be post apocalyptic with radioactive disaster just so you can experience STALKER first hand in real life Laughing
having that surviving reality... that is exactly it! spot on!

OH OH! and did you see that photo blog of that russian woman (the biker) who made a trip to the zone, took photographs and wrote on all of her experience in chernobyl? that was great too

Exactly! Fallout 3 for example.. I loved those steam-punk elements and this early cold-war setting :'D Just cool!

But Stalker will be an alltime favourite.. I dont know about the blog.. you should send me a link or somethign! :'D

Haha, Stalker told me everything about surviving in a radioactive world. Please god, make the world post-apocalyptic. x'D! I really like this whole "Improvise Weapons / Traps" stuff and all that. But Zombie-Apocalypse would be cool aswell!

Ah and ever read about the Karachay Lake? (Google озеро Карача́й and you'll finde a few pics) Its the most dirtiest place on the world. Taking a walk there would kill you in a very short time Smile I think I've read you'll fall into coma within minutes. But I cant remember really! :'D

LOL i found a soul mate!
And ofc i know of Karachay! what a radioactive nut wouldn't? Very Happy
here is the photo blog, its very old, but still cool, don't just click next page and view photos, read all her texts as well, makes it a lot more interesting
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chernobyl-land-of-the-wolves/chapter27.html

EDIT:

Sorry i haven't notice we are deviating from the post itself, we will continue this in PMs lol
BD_SpecOps
BD_SpecOps
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:51 am

u people r bunch of nubcakes or what?
In postapocalipted world u would. . .guess what? DIE!There is no radaway from fallout 3 or something like that. .
The Hiroshima wasnt a pretty thing, n saying that u would wish such thing to happen to feel it, its kinda lame n retarded, no ofence please. .
N chernobil, whats fascinating bout a ghost town were the first people sacrificing their lifes were firefighters n soldiers? Thousand and thousands of people died there n countinun to die slowly becouse radiation they got that year.
Please, when its something related about such horible thing chosse well ur words.
I hate people who dont understan the price of lives of others. .
I dont want to nag around but. .

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 am

I think they were expressing an interest in the subject, not directly saying they wanted or approved the use of nuclear weapons.
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 am

Benfree wrote:I think they were expressing an interest in the subject, not directly saying they wanted or approved the use of nuclear weapons.
Chernobil was not a NW thing

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 pm

No, it was however a nuclear accident. I'm sorry, I will rephrase - "Not directly saying they wanted or approved of the use of nuclear weapons or wanted another nuclear accident" Better?
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Benfree wrote:No, it was however a nuclear accident. I'm sorry, I will rephrase - "Not directly saying they wanted or approved of the use of nuclear weapons or wanted another nuclear accident" Better?
I didnt mean as an ofend sorry, ill share my thougs better next time

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_SpecOps Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Snake wrote:
Benfree wrote:No, it was however a nuclear accident. I'm sorry, I will rephrase - "Not directly saying they wanted or approved of the use of nuclear weapons or wanted another nuclear accident" Better?
I didnt mean as an ofend sorry, ill share my thougs better next time

I know what you mean, and no i don't think you understand exactly what i mean when i say i'm fascinated by it,
beauty can be found in many things, something one finds beautiful may seem ugly to another.
i don't think the death and sacrifice is something beautiful if that's what you think...
i have all the respect for those who gave their lives on the roof of reactor #4 after the accident, and those that still pay the price today.
I'm fascinated with the story, the history of it, the atmosphere of the place, clocks stopped at the same hour, plates on the tables are still there, family photos and their personal equipment, its as if life stopped, i find it beautiful in a way, its hard to explain... but again, beauty can also be a relative thing....

and the thing about post apocalyptic world, its not serious man... its like some kind of dark wish, like maybe you had when you were a child (for example); being superman or something, and having a robbery that you stopped and saved the day, it doesn't mean you really want a robbery to happen and have people hurt by it only so you can save it, i think you know what i mean Smile but its not what you think, sorry if you took offense in any way, we just shared a mutual fascination regarding a subject \ field of interest.
BD_SpecOps
BD_SpecOps
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:30 pm

You didn't offend me, I was simply correcting the statement.
Anyone seen the stuff about Dragon age 2?
It looks like its more aimed at consoles Sad
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashnexus Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Benfree wrote:You didn't offend me, I was simply correcting the statement.
Anyone seen the stuff about Dragon age 2?
It looks like its more aimed at consoles Sad

And the first one wasn't? :S

Ugh, Dragon Age. What were Bioware thinking?
Cashnexus
Cashnexus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Dragon age was good, apart from the dwarven level and the end fight. Very Happy
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Benfree wrote:Dragon age was good, apart from the whole game. Very Happy

fix'd
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Benfree wrote:Dragon age wasn't good at all, apart from the developers. Very Happy

Final cut.
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacman Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Dragon age is the most epic RPG and you can't see it Very Happy.
Pacman
Pacman
Sergeant

http://www.youfail.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Pacman wrote:Dragon age is the most idiotic RPG and you can see it Very Happy.

I agree with you <3
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacman Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Valarya wrote:
Pacman wrote:Dragon age is the most idiotic RPG and you can see it Very Happy.

Lies.

I agree with you too.
Pacman
Pacman
Sergeant

http://www.youfail.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_SpecOps Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Pacman wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Pacman wrote:Dragon age UMPF ARRR GRRR.

BLARRRR.

DURRRR.

Absolutely agree with the two of you
BD_SpecOps
BD_SpecOps
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm

I disagree for the sake of it.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:00 pm

BD_SpecOps wrote:I know what you mean, and no i don't think you understand exactly what i mean when i say I'm fascinated by it,
beauty can be found in many things, something one finds beautiful may seem ugly to another.
i don't think the death and sacrifice is something beautiful if that's what you think...
i have all the respect for those who gave their lives on the roof of reactor #4 after the accident, and those that still pay the price today.
I'm fascinated with the story, the history of it, the atmosphere of the place, clocks stopped at the same hour, plates on the tables are still there, family photos and their personal equipment, its as if life stopped, i find it beautiful in a way, its hard to explain... but again, beauty can also be a relative thing....

and the thing about post apocalyptic world, its not serious man... its like some kind of dark wish, like maybe you had when you were a child (for example); being superman or something, and having a robbery that you stopped and saved the day, it doesn't mean you really want a robbery to happen and have people hurt by it only so you can save it, i think you know what i mean Smile but its not what you think, sorry if you took offense in any way, we just shared a mutual fascination regarding a subject \ field of interest.

I see, ur an interesting guy, I take my words back.
You have a fascination about the time and atmosphere, i get you.
Sorry for my words, I just keep seeing people that don't know meaning of lifes.
We'll discust this later when I'm at free time

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:23 am

Finished the indigo prophecy! Truly awesome game, sadly so short. I loved how you could make the right decisions by logical thinking... given enough time Laughing - always the damn time! Great action sequeses too. Only thing that seems out of place is the stupid bonus cards, whats up with those? Just give us the damn extra material upon finish, you get to "buy" it anyway for the points you got from finishing.

Replay value I bet is pretty low I suppose, already tried the major endings.

Got any more games in the bag? Razz
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 am

Metro 2033 looks good. It's post-apocalyptic, it has demons.. and.. uhm... GUNS... radiations.. russians... SUBWAYTUNNELS (!!!!oneoneeleven) its just cool. I got to play it for a few minutes and loved how you dont have like a virtual map. YOu grab a clipboard and your lighter and find the places via compass. If the place is radiated / full of gas you put on your gasmask and the character sets the wristwatch (if the filter is to poluted, you need to change it or otherwise you'll die.) Ah, and cool as well is the fact that you need to charge your flashlight from time to time Smile hihi I forgot it once and the room was ultra dark.
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:58 am

That does sound kind of cool... but to tell the truth, I'm not into any scaaaaaaary games. You know, the kind where your heart is flying out of your chest from a shock - hated Bioshock. I don't know if this is it, but kinda looks like it.
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 am

A game without any shocking moments misses something! :/ I mean it works... but a dark setting needs shocking moments. And in Bioshock they were kept low... I think. Bioshock 2 had quite a bit. And Stalker had them, even though it not intended to. Its just those nasty animals jumping at you without you seeing em.. but yeah.... lets summarize:

Subway Tunnels+Darkness+Demons+Post apocalypse =
Alot, lot, lot of shock moments.

Just imagine. You see / hear beasts in a dark room...your flashlight and a little fire are the only lightsources in the room. THen your flashlight turns off, its pitch black, you only see a tiny bit via the fire wich is in some corner. And noises get louder. I mean.. thank god its no Xbox360/PS3 game. I tend to throw the controllers away. PLUS when I put my hands of the mouse (For somereason this feels safer) I can still hit ESC on the PC. Console: Throwing the Controller away...you have to watch it Mad
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashnexus Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:04 am

kekn wrote:Finished the indigo prophecy! Truly awesome game, sadly so short. I loved how you could make the right decisions by logical thinking... given enough time Laughing - always the damn time! Great action sequeses too. Only thing that seems out of place is the stupid bonus cards, whats up with those? Just give us the damn extra material upon finish, you get to "buy" it anyway for the points you got from finishing.

Replay value I bet is pretty low I suppose, already tried the major endings.

Got any more games in the bag? Razz

Hmm, I got that in the Steam sale but it controlled really badly with keyboard/mouse, and didn't work with my 360 pad. Which controls did you use? Looks like a really interesting game.
Cashnexus
Cashnexus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum