Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

+19
Sir_Alexander
Willow
BD_SpecOps
Snake
Brute
mcbeverage101
kekn
Hamalech
Weren
Frosty
Ramses
TKTom
Sobri
Benfree
Emciel
Spec
Valarya
Cashnexus
Kerecsen
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite Empty 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by Kerecsen Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I won't directlink the picture below, it is huge.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img687/1689/1275834546391.jpg

Now mates!

What was your favourite? 2008 is not a valid option, we all know it is your favourite!

I vote for 1998. So many great titles! And 2003. because of Planetside.
Kerecsen
Kerecsen
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite Empty Re: 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by Cashnexus Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I say 1997, although it was a close one with 1998!

Total Annihilation, Fallout, Myth, UO... wow. Great games.
Cashnexus
Cashnexus
Admin

Back to top Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite Empty Re: 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:53 pm

2009. For the sake of Mirrors Edge *drools* I mean.. its the best game I ever f'in played. >__> They need a sequel and a hundred games, following this one... it was like a wet dream to me *_* Since I love athletics, acrobatics. And the world was well designed and ahhhw

On the other hand, 2007 had the great games 2! Cod4 (I was so pro!) Jade Empire (wich is godlike to!) Bioshock (I love steampunk. And the whole setup was amazing. Plus= THE MUSIC) and uhm.. S.T.A.L.K.E.R... this is Number 2 in my alltime favorites. I looooove S.T.A.L.K.E.R badly!

Last but not least: Team Fortress 2! The game that keeps me pretty much away from Warband ^_^
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 am

2002 I'd say, mainly for Morrowind and Mafia, but also BF1942, and, not to forget, Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. And some other quite important games.

Last edited by Spec on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Emciel Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am

2002 seems the best to me, so many groundbreakingly good games Very Happy
Emciel
Emciel
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:44 am

The best year will be if Mirrors Edge 2 will be released. Even though this year will be great too. Always think of Mafia 2
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashnexus Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 am

Valarya wrote:The best year will be if Mirrors Edge 2 will be released. Even though this year will be great too. Always think of Mafia 2

Didn't you find the combat really annoying in Mirror's Edge?
Cashnexus
Cashnexus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:54 am

Combat? wtf. Nearly no combat needed if you did it right. O_o What did you do? Run up to a bunch of enemies, getting ready and try to win like rocky balboa? Very Happy I struck out of surprise, with fullspeed so you nearly instantly knock them out. hmhmh. Strange methods you have!
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 am

You played Jade empire?! Well done you! Bioware once again demonstrating that they make most of the good games. I wonder tho, anyone here play the Gothic games? Or the might and magic games (not heroes) the GOOD rpgs that went before Dark messiah (which was shit).
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobri Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:53 am

It's hard to choose between 2002 (Mafia, Battlefield 1942, Medieval: Total War, GTA 3) and 2003 (Call of Duty, Freedom Fighters, Max Payne 2, GTA Vice City), but I vote for 2003, basically because I was still playing the games from 2002 too Very Happy
Sobri
Sobri
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am

'98.

Baldur's Gate
Commandos
Half-Life
Tribes
Thief
Unreal
Rainbow Six
Delta Force
GTA
Grim Fandango

If '98 didn't exist then the world would be significantly worse off, just look at all those original games.
TKTom
TKTom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramses Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 am

COMMANDER KEEN FOR THE WIN NOOBS
Ramses
Ramses
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Ramses wrote:COMMANDER KEEN FOR THE WIN NOOBS

I played that again lately. It's a lot harder than I remember.

Did you know there was originally a Swastika on one of the levels? It was made by the guys who made Doom.
TKTom
TKTom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Benfree wrote:You played Jade empire?! Well done you! Bioware once again demonstrating that they make most of the good games. I wonder tho, anyone here play the Gothic games? Or the might and magic games (not heroes) the GOOD rpgs that went before Dark messiah (which was shit).

Bioware is nearly my favorite. Jade Empire was so great, I played it thousands of times and never got bored.

Dark Messiah was good. The only shit I detect is called BenFree here Razz

Ofc I played gothic. Its german. But the third one was los sucksos. First one was cool but the second one was god :3
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Yeah the third one just didnt work, but there is a new one comming out! Lets hope it will be possible to kill boars at lv20 in this one Smile
As for mirrors edge, i think some of the features could be implemented in other games, can you imagine a thief game with that free running?!
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Gothic 3 was a pain in the ass. I started it, looked all great I was like "OMG" and then.. 30 Minutes playing.. I as like.. "w...t....f...I FELL RIPPED OFF!" 1249520863 Patches didnt fix it to a nice game. Since the whole setting had some major issues. Not to mention those damned boars. Running you all over, making you struggle or simply killin you. In games, you dont expect something that easy to kill you. In games, you are always the strongest person x_x and they crossed it with those godlike pigs.

YOu heard about the original "plot" of Mirrors Edge? With all those bags you carry? The game was more based on them, then on escaping or searching the ultra evil anti-runner posse. I think this would add a little more "Thief" feeling

But to Thief; Amazing game :3 Even the real old ones... but Thief 3 was awesome. I love stealth games generally but in a medival setting.. it was pretty sexy hexy. ^,^ Plus you had possibilities to add a little acrobatic stuff. Those gloves for example n.n but yeah generally a thief game with even MORE climbing would pretty much kick asses. They should make another one -__- ASAP
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramses Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:10 pm

I played that again lately. It's a lot harder than I remember.

Did you know there was originally a Swastika on one of the levels? It was made by the guys who made Doom.

Oh Commander Tom I am starting to like you more and more. Man I think I remember that symbol from the game. I think. And damn I should also find that game and play it. Do you remember the level with the worms following you? Absurd stuff.
Ramses
Ramses
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Favourite RPG: Guild Wars
Favourite RTS: Dawn of War
Favourite FPS: CSS

Others:
Theme Park World
Theme Hospital

These are good games, especially the Theme ones.

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Weren Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:17 am

Valarya wrote:Gothic 3 was a pain in the ass. I started it, looked all great I was like "OMG" and then.. 30 Minutes playing.. I as like.. "w...t....f...I FELL RIPPED OFF!" 1249520863 Patches didnt fix it to a nice game. Since the whole setting had some major issues. Not to mention those damned boars. Running you all over, making you struggle or simply killin you. In games, you dont expect something that easy to kill you. In games, you are always the strongest person x_x and they crossed it with those godlike pigs.
After the community patch 1.7 the game became very playable. I would easily consider it one of the best games of that year. It had a great and intense world and music for example, though the combat system was somewhat poor.
Weren
Weren
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:32 am

Hmhm maybe this was after my time playing it. But I can say that I definatly faced a stupid game. The setting was cool, but the way it was....well.. the way the engine worked and stuff was "%(!)/&$%. I dont know if it was Gothic 3 but there was this stupid dual-wielding wasnt it? Hmhm..

The next game from the same developers was great. Risen. I liked it since it felt like the old Gothic games <3
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamalech Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:36 am

No. Risen was amazing, until the end fight. WTF? It was soooo stupid. After all that and its just a stupid platform game boss battle.

Hamalech
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Weren Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:38 am

Valarya wrote:
The next game from the same developers was great. Risen. I liked it since it felt like the old Gothic games <3
You might hate me for this, but I seriously think after finishing Risen, that it was too short and the world, though it was intense and alive was very small. What will make you hate me even more is the fact that I consider Gothic 3 to be better than Risen. Smile
Weren
Weren
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:43 am

Plus risen was effectively linar, I wasnt a fan at all, but Gothic Arcania is looking good mostly because Piranha Bytes arent involved at all Very Happy Jowood have found themselves a decent developer - spellbound.
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:46 am

It was to small, this is out of discussion. When I finished it I was like "WUT already done?!"

Hmhm the World was beatiful.. but yeah I wouldnt say toooo small. Your travelspeed wasnt that fast. There was no "quicktravel" and so I say its pretty okay. Its not tooooo big so you walk for a hour just to get to the next town. I always hated that on games. Not that I want to rush through a game but after running through the wilderness for minutes and minutes with no real action, no intense situations. Just an animal here and there...
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Weren Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:47 am

It sure looks promising, but the fact is that it's mainly directed at the american gaming world, where earlier gothic series didnt get so much popularity. So I'd still be cautious.
Weren
Weren
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum