Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

+19
Sir_Alexander
Willow
BD_SpecOps
Snake
Brute
mcbeverage101
kekn
Hamalech
Weren
Frosty
Ramses
TKTom
Sobri
Benfree
Emciel
Spec
Valarya
Cashnexus
Kerecsen
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite - Page 2 Empty Re: 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by kekn Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 am

Oh, so many great titles it's hard to pick. Nominees and the most important reasons for them:

1999: HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC III - HELL YEAH!!! + age of empires II

2000: diablo II, red alert 2

2002: dungeon siege, mafia, medieval total war

2004: rome total war, vampire the masquerade - bloodlines

Considering the amount of time I've spent with HoMaM III and AoE II I'd have to say 1999... was 12 and in my prime gaming age Smile
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite - Page 2 Empty Re: 20 years in PC gaming - name your favourite

Post by mcbeverage101 Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 pm

kekn Yes. Heroes 3 is probably one of my top games timewise.
mcbeverage101
mcbeverage101
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:02 am

>__> Vampire the Masquerade was epic too. But im more into the NEW games. I think, we really miss a WW1 Game. There is so much about the WW2, but I need WW1 x__x
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 am

Why WW games are almost all boring, dull grey scenes where we shoot dull grey people. What we need is more RPGs
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:05 am

And explosions, blood stained people. Empty, tired eyes. MACHINENGUNS... shouting hmhm.. sounds cool to me. And WW1 would be even better. Even though its hard to put it into a game, since there was no fierce battle, more of "Lets see who can hold out longer." Maybe as member of a "Sturmtruppe".Hmhm. RPGS are out in masses. Every "age" ( in terms of A.D) has a few games...
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mcbeverage101 Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 am

Actually, there's an awesome WW2 game called "Men of War".
It's not first person, but it is strategy and thus my kind of game.

Plus the english voiceovers kinda suck :alex:.
mcbeverage101
mcbeverage101
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am

Well when I say RPGs I mean original RPGs, not oblivion copies. I think open world RPGs have the most potential, as games, but they are also really easy to do wrong. As for machine guns, explosions etc. Modern shooters have more and better guns and explosion, not that they tend to hold my attention any longer.Although there are some genres in which linear game play can be accepted, on the whole tho I think the sooner they stop making linear games the better.
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 am

I would haft to say 2002 because some of my fav games were made then Very Happy
Brute
Brute
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 am

Games about modern warfare have "better" guns, but its not the same thrill I get when I play a historical war game. Its much more "primitive" I terms of you dont push a button to send cruise missles off that will do the job then.

Hmhm yeah.. the Language in game is in fact important to me x'D Cant stand if they say stupid things in war games. War is serious stuff... I also like if the things they say, match the epoche they're in. A german WW1 or WW2 Soldier wouldnt say "Cool" for example. Ruins the atmosphere imo. Smile Same goes for medival (RP) games.
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 am

Games I await with anticipation:

Shogun 2 total war
Dungeon Siege 3 (2 was a big disappointment for me... the original idea almost gone entirely)

And if anyone remember freelancer, I heard another game is on the way! (someone know the title?)
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 am

I loved freelancer x'D I remember I was in a bandit like clan and ripped of newbies with high tolls. x'D And If they refused to pay, I just destroyed them :3
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:06 am

Valarya wrote:I loved freelancer x'D I remember I was in a bandit like clan and ripped of newbies with high tolls. x'D And If they refused to pay, I just destroyed them :3

Why am I not surprised? Laughing I've been waiting for the sequel a long time... looks like it's finally underway!
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 am

Hmhm hopefully some "leaving the Spaceship" or Cockpit view or something Very Happy Even though Freelancer did nearly nothing wrong!
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:05 am

Freelancer, hmm looks good, but if you want the same kind of game but with a more modern engine go X3 - terran conflict.
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerecsen Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Or if you want something similar with an older/same age engine, try Independence War2 : Edge of Chaos.

Pretty good space simulator with a good storyline. And it looks pretty good (considering that I ran it on a PII@466 celeron with a GeForce2MMX400 graphic card) Smile

And I say simulator. It was damn hard to get used to your momentum. If you have accelerated for a minute, it took a minute to slow down to a full stop... Smile
Kerecsen
Kerecsen
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:01 am

Kerecsen wrote:
And I say simulator. It was damn hard to get used to your momentum. If you have accelerated for a minute, it took a minute to slow down to a full stop... Smile

PHYSICS!

I say that when I trip over stuff. I also said "Shitty hitboxes" when I knocked something off a table and I DID NOT TOUCH IT.
TKTom
TKTom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamalech Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 am

TKTom wrote:
Kerecsen wrote:

PHYSICS!

I say that when I trip over stuff. I also said "Shitty hitboxes" when I knocked something off a table and I DID NOT TOUCH IT.

Laughing

Hamalech
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Emciel Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:09 am

i always look for the ctrl+z in real life Sad
Emciel
Emciel
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:32 am

There was a time where I used my computer like a loooooot (Broken Knee so I couldnt follow my hobbies and wasnt able to go out) so when I talked, I discovered that my fingers are moving a bit as if I would type actually x'D THis was weird and the point where I set a limit for online / computer time.
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 am

2005 Indigo Prophecy, loved that game
CoD2, GtaSA(the only decent 3D gen game),
Fable(which played 3 years after its release of boredom)
And some Hentai games... jk Razz

Last edited by Snake on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 am

Snake wrote:
Fable3(which played 3 years after its release of boredom)

Fable 3 isnt released yet O__O

Snake wrote:

I thought Hentai is a developer. Mad Until google taught me something else. Bad boy ! Embarassed
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:53 am

Valarya wrote:
Snake wrote:
Fable3(which played 3 years after its release of boredom)

Fable 3 isnt released yet O__O
Oops my bad i mean Fable
Valarya wrote:
Snake wrote:

I thought Hentai is a developer. Mad Until google taught me something else. Bad boy ! Embarassed
Heh, u tell me u dont have fantasies about sex Razz
It such things that make Humen..perverts. Cool
Cool perverts Cool

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:37 am

[quote="Snake"]
Valarya wrote:
Snake wrote:
Heh, u tell me u dont have fantasies about sex Razz
It such things that make Humen..perverts. Cool
Cool perverts Cool

.__. No statement!

Baaaaaaack to games:
Another good game that will be released soon is "Assassins Creed Brotherhood". Everyone who played the previous game should try it :3 I mean.. ONLINE MODE!!! <3<3<3
Valarya
Valarya
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_SpecOps Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 am

Wow great games...

SystemShock... interstate 76 .... Doom ofc... DeusEx.... and many more
brings back memories
BD_SpecOps
BD_SpecOps
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:52 am

Valarya wrote:

.__. No statement!

Baaaaaaack to games:
Another good game that will be released soon is "Assassins Creed Brotherhood". Everyone who played the previous game should try it :3 I mean.. ONLINE MODE!!! <3<3<3

I'm only jking dont worry Razz

I heard about the 2nd game had connection problems for users..
But I did played the first one, I loved it also
A new TES, would be nice to..

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum