Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving BD

+11
M
Ron
Morii
Danish General
virus_found
kekn
Spec
Minutus
Sir_Alexander
Benfree
Ulrick
15 posters

Go down

Leaving BD Empty Leaving BD

Post by Ulrick Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 am

Hi all.

As you probably have noticed im not very active in the clan/nditions duel server.

reason for that is because Im not able to play properly on the nditions server because of high ping values so I thought it'd be better to move and play on a duel server that I have less ping on. Result was that I changed my username to something else, im infact still playing the game and moved to play all my duels on the Swadian Duel Server.
As im sure there is nothing wrong with the BD clan, I want to be able to play on their server and because of the fact that I can't do it properly i've decided to leave BD. Nothing personal at all.

U may call me ulrick. I also use Boromir, Flower and Rush among others as usernames Smile

////Ulrick
\\\\

Ulrick
Levy

Back to top Go down

Leaving BD Empty Re: Leaving BD

Post by Benfree Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 am

That's a shame but understandable, I sometimes play on the Swadian duel server, so hope to see you in game. Smile
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 am

D=

Sad to see ye' go, but if you're having ping problems then it's perfectly understandable.

See ye' around.
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 am

[off topic]

I was wondering if you tend to get higher ping on all ovh/kimsufi servers (jestservers Paris servers) during "prime time" aka traffic hours? (nditions, ig servers and former parity's server) After some investigations we figured that ovh doesn't have peering contracts with any Finnish ISP's, and thus at least my packets use a very weird route to and in France (packets get into faster ovh network very late in comparison). As a result, everything works fine outside of around 19-24, but during evenings I get both packet loss and warping ping (when I directly ping the server I see a nasty amount of packet loss and pretty much every packet has a different ping value).

[/off topic]

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulrick Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 am

I have high ping continuously 55+.
I consider 50+ to be too high to be able to play properly. As you say Minutus, ive also had problems with warping ping and during that time it's not playable at all.

Thanks for understanding guys

Ulrick
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 am

Aight, good luck!

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 am

50 is too high? Many, many players have a ping along those lines o.O I mean, chamber timings are a little different, but otherwise...

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:21 am

Bye Ulrick, perhaps we'll meet on another duel server some time. Good luck! Smile
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulrick Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 am

Spec. it's possible ofc to block but not all attacks with 50 ping trust me. being the control freak I am I hate to lose because of the ping :p hehe cheers

Ulrick
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by virus_found Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:56 am

I totally understand.
virus_found
virus_found
Squire

http://www.last.fm/user/virus_found

Back to top Go down

Post by Danish General Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:06 am

I see there is a guy from the Swadia clan who is named Ulrik, is it you?
Danish General
Danish General
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:24 am

Yup, I met him the other day on the swadian duel server.

DESERTER!!! Evil or Very Mad
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Danish General Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:41 am

He is good yes.
Danish General
Danish General
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Personally I hate the swadian duel server, always get weird speed ups-slow downs, delays, etc there. When my ping there was 6 and also now that my ping is around 45.

In other words, I probably won't be seeing you anymore, unless we meet in other servers;)
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 am

Good luck Ulrick, and looking forward to meet you again in a duel!

I must say one thing though, I have been thrashed thousands of times by players I know I could beat if I had a ping of < 50 . That ping is an big luxury for me I have never played at <65 in any server and players with good skill and low pings always thrash me no mater how well I perform.

I have learned to live with it , but always I wondered is ti just down to ping? You are answering that question now, most likely it is. Those aces in duels are so because they can block effectively, pull out good combos and do faints at will. I would like to see those aces play with pings of 70-90 as I'am used to play most of the time.

I hope this helps you change your mind Ulrick don't let ping put you off!

Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by M Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 am

Ron wrote:I have learned to live with it , but always I wondered is ti just down to ping? You are answering that question now, most likely it is. Those aces in duels are so because they can block effectively, pull out good combos and do faints at will. I would like to see those aces play with pings of 70-90 as I'am used to play most of the time.
I have no idea if I'm one of those aces you're talking about but I'm in the final of an american duel tournament at the moment playing with 95-100 ping. 70-90 is fine Smile
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubbel Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 am

About the ping issue: I hop on the american duel servers sometimes, where I get about 100 - 130 ping. While animations do look messed up, it is not such a huge difference to the 30 ping I'm used to. The only problem timing wise can be stabs, which you do not have a lot of time to react to.
Hubbel
Hubbel
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah, high ping makes chambers (both performing and blocking them) a pain, but it is doable. I know what you mean about the swadian duel server, everything feels slightly off.
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 am

M wrote:I have no idea if I'm one of those aces you're talking about but I'm in the final of an american duel tournament at the moment playing with 95-100 ping. 70-90 is fine Smile

Well I guess there are other factors than lag times, I forgot to mention that until recently I also had a trouble with the direct X3D rendering ,which gave me those chronic lag spikes. I finally solved the problem by installing the directX SDK suite in case someone has the same problem, it drove me nots by the way!

I guess you people M (I think I´ve seen you a couple of times) and Hubbel, who is an outstanding dueler, most have something few people have if you can perform equally on a ping of ~90-100 as on ~30! I have never experienced playing with such pings of less than 30, but I' have noticed it is OK playing at 70-90 without the nagging lag spikes. Please guys I´am not trying to belittle anyone, if you M are able to get that far in a competition with such pings you have exceptional skill and I can only take my hat on that Smile
Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 am

Well, is there any american duel servers actually worth playing on for us europeans? I think I fare pretty well with cRPG's 80-90 ping, but 130... no thanks.
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoplite Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Whats he complaining about? I get around 100-150 Ping.
=P Bye Ulrick Sad

Hoplite
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BULLDOG Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Bye Ulrick Smile

thanks for the Battles we´ve fought together. All good for the future Smile
BULLDOG
BULLDOG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Ron wrote:Please guys I´am not trying to belittle anyone, if you M are able to get that far in a competition with such pings you have exceptional skill and I can only take my hat on that Smile
Haha thanks but I just meant you shouldn't feel too held back by that ping!
kekn wrote:Well, is there any american duel servers actually worth playing on for us europeans? I think I fare pretty well with cRPG's 80-90 ping, but 130... no thanks.
US_GK_Duel and PRT_Duel (when it's up, it's not atm) are the best for euro players as they're near the east coast and running normal combat speed.
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:08 am

I tried one and got 136 ping... managed to get 10/10, but was really frustrated in the end. Blocking is a no go most of the times. Footwork matters a great deal.
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Tezrian Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

Bye Ulrick,

I wish you good luck, and i can understand a bit that it isnt fun for you playing with a ping like +50 and more. In duells even small lags annoy me really much like ping of 60-70. On a normal battle or TDM it isnt that bad. Only at 100 manuel blocking is really hard than. And over 100 you just can play the turtle (okay not turtle but 1h and shield).

Tezrian
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum