Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mords anti greatsword suggestion

+5
Snake
Baldwin
BD_Baby_Wolf
kekn
Mordgrim
9 posters

Go down

Mords anti greatsword suggestion Empty Mords anti greatsword suggestion

Post by Mordgrim Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 am

Hello Bulldoggers and Nditioners! Very Happy

Im a bit annoyed by the fact that dueling has become such a greatsword fest. Swadian twohanders are hands down the best weapon for dueling, which is evident by the fact that 95% of the servers polulation use them if Swadia is one of the factions. Ive also noticed that Swadia is on extremely high rotation on the server, its on basically all the time.

I at least would think dueling became a lot more fun if we didnt have Swadia as one of the factions ALL THE TIME. It would make dueling more interesting in my opinion.
If some of you wonder why Ive recently refused to duel you (Phyrex and Ragemelon for example), its not because you smell bad, its because you´re carrying a #¤%¤$€££@$$ greatsword and Im looking for more diverse challenges.

Heed the wise words of the Mord, or I will grumble and make a nuisance of myself Cool
Mordgrim
Mordgrim
Levy

Back to top Go down

Mords anti greatsword suggestion Empty Re: Mords anti greatsword suggestion

Post by kekn Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:11 am

Does bastard swords count into that categori as well?

Well, my opinion is this; I think the fact that most people use these weapons means, that these are in fact their preferred weapons! It's the weapons they have been practicing with for months to be good at. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a multitude of weapons available, but we still have to give most attention to our core number of players. We do this by having swadia on always and then rotating the rest (or at least that's how i think it is now).

Sorry it's boring you, mord, it's meant to satisfy the most people bounce
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:11 am

And, if i may remind, those of you, who are not much familiar with BULDOGS history, we started as random great sword swingers and lol-spinners Smile
The great sword is one of the most important parts of our history!
If not for the Bulldoggy-style-great-sword-lol-spin-swing, i'm not even sure that there was this clan Smile
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldwin Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:20 am

I can kinda relate to that problem; when I started playing, I was in fact annoyed by the dominance of 2h swords and found them unbalanced - theyre just too strong and fast. With time I had to use it, since without it there would be a huge disadvantage at dueling, and now I feel comfortable with it. However, my fav weapons are Pike (total hardcore in dueling!), Glaive, Spears and 1h swords. So I support your wish that there should be more often non swadian factions.

Baldwin
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordgrim Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 am

Just to clarify: Yes, Im talking about all swadian 2handers.

And no, I dont want Swadia to disappear entirely. I just dont want it to be on all the time.

Its not that I cant use those swords myself. Im probably the member from Einherjar/Shieldings who has dueled the most with greatsword on Nditions, and I think Im fairly decent with it (my clan doesnt duel much though) Its just that Im bored with always facing them. You see, I use dueling only as a means of practicing the techniques I need to perform my role in clan battles and the Einherjar strategy. So constant swadian 2hand sparring isnt my cup of tea.

I had no idea you guys felt greatsword lolspinning was such an integral part of your clan setup. lol!

Mordgrim
Mordgrim
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:55 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:And, if i may remind, those of you, who are not much familiar with BULDOGS history, we started as random great sword swingers and lol-spinners Smile
The great sword is one of the most important parts of our history!
If not for the Bulldoggy-style-great-sword-lol-spin-swing, i'm not even sure that there was this clan Smile
Omg soo that move I loled for an hour has actually history xD?

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragemelon Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:35 pm

I love the greatsword. It's a fact! Sure I can duel with other weapons too, and I usually perform as well or even better when using the warspear, but nothing beats the greatsword when it comes to "feeling". It's the weapon I've used most and I like pretty much everything about it. I guess when it comes to duelling, I've stopped thinking of what weapon I'm using and started focusing more on the reflexes and strategy. I guess it's just comforting to know that I don't have to adapt to the current weapon all the time, I can just meander along with my lovely greatsword.

So if Swadia is sometimes not available, I'll just use something else. But I like it when they are available.

I'm also heavily caffeinated right now.

Ragemelon
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordgrim Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:09 am

Ragemelon wrote:
I'm also heavily caffeinated right now.

A fellow caffeine abuser! Yay! cheers

Mordgrim
Mordgrim
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:43 am

I'm not amused either. And I have to disagree with kekn about people spawning mainly with greatswords because they prefer / enjoy only greatsword duels. If we put the magic overspeeded bastard katana or quarterstaff in the normal inventory options, I'm fairly sure we'll see plenty of those in the field. Is it because it's fun to have overspeeded weapons in duels? No. Because it's effective to use? Yes. And yeah, I'm a bit exaggerating the matter here, swadian 2h swords aren't as bad. And I don't hate Swadia. Personally I love especially bastard sword duels. But, all the time the holy swadia? From battle training point of view it doesn't make much sense, and even though it does make sense for Swadian duel point of view, from general duellist point of view it doesn't, imho. But that's only my two cents on the matter..

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordgrim Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:18 am

Damn you all, you´ve forced me to go back to dueling with a filthy Swadian sword! I hate it. . . . but I just cant stop! I makes me feel dirty Crying or Very sad

Wink

Also, Im heavily caffeinated right now.
Mordgrim
Mordgrim
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordgrim Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 am

bounce Im making my third cup of the day right now! bounce

Chocolate and cinnamon flavoured combat coffee! cheers
Mordgrim
Mordgrim
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordgrim Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 am

There should be some kind of coffee smiley.
Mordgrim
Mordgrim
Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramses Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:41 am

Once you go swadian sword, there is no going back
Ramses
Ramses
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:51 am

I used to be all about the heavy bastard but I've gone off two-handed swords a bit recently too. However I DO like that Swadia is more or less locked as one of the factions on ndition's because I like to try different weapons against people playing with their best setup -- in most cases that's a great sword Smile
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down