Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

+12
    Valarya
    The_Storm
    Hoplite
    Spec
    Sir_Alexander
    Baldwin
    kekn
    TKTom
    Blooden
    Rasdor
    Barca
    Snake
    16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Snake Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 am

Spec wrote:(probably rumours), and nothing else Snake: As usually its just rumors, and about NPC, i dont thing they will remove the lovely conversation, where NPC lecture you about Mudcrabs Very Happy

As for the radiant story thing; take a look at the early videos of Oblivion where they talked about radiant AI. It was supposed to be a hell of a lot more complex than it is. While Mount & Blade is a great game, it's quest system isn't exactly entertaining for a long time, and I fear that Skyrim's might end up being like Mount & Blades. On the other hand, Daggerfall also had randomized quests, so we'll see.

Yeahh I remember those videos, reminds me Fable when they tell more things than the reality of the real game -.-
    Who knows I suppose we shall wait till 11's Doom's day

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

LoL:

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 am

IGN sent some pics, this one looks like gameplay screen:
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094543003_640w
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094601315_640w
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094604627_640w

And some others you may have already seen:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094552237_640w
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094554924_640w
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094558377_640w
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094607486_640w
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110211094610642_640w

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:38 am

A countdown has begun in this page:
    http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/

In less then 22 hours an "in-game look at The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" will appear.

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 am

To be honest, the magic system in TES games has always seemed a little clumsy to me, due to the large number of pointless spell-types and the limited number of useful ones.

Perhaps if they take out spell-creation, they will be able to instead have a certain number of well designed, non-customisable spells, perhaps even with unique effects and what-not (sort of like Neverwinter Nights games).

Of course, what would be ideal would be a highly intuitive, complex spell creation system as seen with Two Worlds 2, but hey, they can't do everything.
    Sir_Alexander
    Sir_Alexander
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:46 am

Sir_Alexander wrote:To be honest, the magic system in TES games has always seemed a little clumsy to me, due to the large number of pointless spell-types and the limited number of useful ones.

Perhaps if they take out spell-creation, they will be able to instead have a certain number of well designed, non-customisable spells, perhaps even with unique effects and what-not (sort of like Neverwinter Nights games).

Bethesda are only good at making the wrong design decisions nowadays. I honestly won't buy Skyrim, after what people have said about no spears, fewer skill types and all that. Just can't be bothered with having to load more mods than game in order to make it anything more than a linear game with a poor combat system.

Of course, what would be ideal would be a highly intuitive, complex spell creation system as seen with Two Worlds 2, but hey, they can't do everything.

Have you got Two Worlds 2? I'm downloading it from Gamersgate as we speak. The UK publishers for that game seem to be utterly unable to get a job done, that's why I'm downloading. The amount of people in this world who just don't stick to their commitments and make a complete hash of an important job is unbelievable, makes you glad of the modmakers we have that actually slog it out for no remuneration at all really.
    TKTom
    TKTom
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 am

Yeah there was a problem with the transport ship carrying the discs from China to the UK or something (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-02-two-worlds-ii-uk-cargo-wrecked), and they won't release the digital copy before the major game stores get the discs, they don't want to lose money.
    I downloaded it from the TW2 website, as I couldn't get it on steam yet.
    Benfree
    Benfree
    Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:47 am

OINKS! NEW TRAILER!! :O

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:21 am

Snake wrote:OINKS! NEW TRAILER!! :O

You mean ZOINKS, SCOOB!?
    TKTom
    TKTom
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

Saw the trailer today, looks amazing Wink

Frosty
    Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

TKTom wrote:
    Snake wrote:OINKS! NEW TRAILER!! :O

You mean ZOINKS, SCOOB!?

SCOOBIDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

@Frosty: Indeed looks wonderful Razz

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Empty "New Trailer"

Post by Snake Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 am

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 am

IGN SKYRIM LINK

Latest IGN post shows some news stuffs! RACES!
    You are able to play one of 10 races :O

Edit: Duh oblivion had the same amount, still there are some screens with the races Wink

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:28 am

I'm liking the look of the perk trees - should force class specialization, unlike in Oblivion and indeed Morrowind where you could easily be every class. There's apparently over 200 perks, I'm hoping that means that perks are taking over from the dropped skills.
    The detailed Dragon Shouts (and the Dragon tongue that comes with it) is looking cool. Again the game is non-linear and vast - It's looking like it could be pretty cool.
    Benfree
    Benfree
    Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:18 pm

It was now also definitely confirmed that attributes have been entirely removed.

What a joke... A role playing game in which all characters are equally strong, intelligent, charismatic, fast, etc.

Spec
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Whalen Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Whalen
    Whalen
    Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Spec wrote:It was now also definitely confirmed that attributes have been entirely removed.

What a joke... A role playing game in which all characters are equally strong, intelligent, charismatic, fast, etc.
    Hmm sounds like a girl's dreamworld

Whalen wrote:VIDEO
    already posted that, check other posts before posting something to avoid spam -.-

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:56 am

Frosty
    Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Guard_Bjarky Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 am

hehe awsome vids Razz

Guard_Bjarky
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Empty New Details from GameInformer

Post by Snake Thu May 12, 2011 5:36 am

New Details from GameInformer, the post goes:

An intrepid Bethesda forum-goer has posted a summary of a Skyrim preview from German magazine PC Games. Some of the details are even new.

The reported details are minor, but any Skyrim news is good news, right?

• The map is 3D, but you can't make notes on it

• Some dragons are friendly, at least to the point of holding conversations with the player

• Some level of economic simulation is in, with the prices of goods reflecting the state of the world

• Blowing wind will whip up the surface of bodies of water

• Lockpicking: still a minigame

• In addition to the five major cities, there will be eight or nine smaller settlements to visit

• You can buy houses again

• Children will appear in some form in-game

The report originally had a tidbit about planned Facebook integration, which was shot down by Bethesda marketing guy Pete Hines. Hines did not make any move to deny the rest of the report, so my guess for now is that it's legit. It's legit, see below.

No huge surprises here, though I'm curious how Bethesda is approaching the problem posed by the presence of children in the go-anywhere, do-anything world of The Elder Scrolls. If it were me, I'd probably go with "avenging god immediately lightning bolts your face off" as a solution to anyone who harms a child.

We've reached out to Bethesda for comment and will update this story with any new information. A Bethesda spokesperson has confirmed that the information is legit. Fans rejoice! I know you were all dying to know about lockpicking.

Source: Click me

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3