Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiltslashing

+2
RegusAdvidicus
The_Storm
6 posters

Go down

Hiltslashing Empty Hiltslashing

Post by The_Storm Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 am

What exactly IS hiltslashing? I know something about it being the art of getting two strikes in and your opponent getting one. Anyone who has fought Szymczak will know that hiltslashing looks like the opponent starting their attack literally on you. Please, if anyone knows, give an explanation of what hiltslashing is and how to do it! Very Happy
The_Storm
The_Storm
Knight

Back to top Go down

Hiltslashing Empty Re: Hiltslashing

Post by RegusAdvidicus Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:51 am

I here it is a hard thing too do. I've seen it on siege servers.

RegusAdvidicus
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasdor Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:09 am

Dunno.
Rasdor
Rasdor
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by M Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:30 am

As far as I know it's just a whiff on the very edge of the sweet spot, so it does enough damage to stumble the person it hits and cause his counterattack to be delayed, but isn't counted as a full hit so doesn't convey any recovery time on the attacker. If you hear the whiff/glance noise but your opponent doesn't get the animation showing he connected then you need to block the next hit.
M
M
Page

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by LiasTheBeast Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 am

I think that have happened to me but then I killed him
LiasTheBeast
LiasTheBeast
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 am

I have no idea. The word hilt is the handle of the sword, right? I know you can start the swing and only connect very late, and the next swing from the other side connects very soon. But don't know any fancy pancy word hiltslash.

That guy Szymczak just freak me out... I can't stand fighting him. Maybe it's this thing that really annoys me, idk. But then again, I also get annoyed with spears that once they hit they can just keep going until you die, no block possible. I guess the combat engine just really allows people to be creative here.
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Storm Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 pm

I know a tiny bit about how to do it. Not much though. It seems that it's not a well known technique. Szymczak won't give it away if you ask him, he'll just say 'years of practice Smile'. It leaves you wanting to strangle him.
The_Storm
The_Storm
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasdor Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:18 am

The_Storm wrote:I know a tiny bit about how to do it. Not much though. It seems that it's not a well known technique. Szymczak won't give it away if you ask him, he'll just say 'years of practice Smile'. It leaves you wanting to strangle him.

i no rite.

P.S. Unblock me!
Rasdor
Rasdor
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Storm Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 am

Rasdor wrote:
The_Storm wrote:I know a tiny bit about how to do it. Not much though. It seems that it's not a well known technique. Szymczak won't give it away if you ask him, he'll just say 'years of practice Smile'. It leaves you wanting to strangle him.

i no rite.

P.S. Unblock me!

I have!
The_Storm
The_Storm
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: