Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale!

+2
BULLDOG
Willow
6 posters

Go down

Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale! Empty Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale!

Post by Willow Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello everybody!

I just got my new server up and running. I played on it with goblib for a while, everything seems to work nicely and ping seems pretty stable. Big thanks to gob and minutus btw, for always being available when I need to test crazy new things Smile.
The server is located in Frankfurt, Germany. I have no idea how many slots it can take, for now I set it to 24. I'll be hosting melee only capture the flag with my royale mod on it for a while, in the future I might experiment with different game modes too. The maps on rotation are Forest Hideout, Nord Town, The Arena and Port Assault.
If you're an admin on Ndition's, I'll open a thread in the admin section with the admin pass so you can log in as admin on my server too.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to add them to this thread.
For all you people wondering how much I pay for this, it's € 15,60 quarterly (so € 5,20 a month).

You're all cordially invited to check it out some time Smile
Willow
Willow
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale! Empty Re: Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale!

Post by BULLDOG Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Yeah, so it worked all good Smile

Congrats to the server Willow and much success with it Smile. I made this thread sticky Smile
If you want an own section for your server on our forum just let us know Smile
BULLDOG
BULLDOG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale! Empty Re: Willow invites you all to ctfmod_royale!

Post by Willow Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks BULLDOG!

I'll test the server for a while first, if it proves to be stable and able to handle sufficient slots I think having a section dedicated to it will come in handy Smile.
Willow
Willow
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Edea Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:37 am

Can you tell us some more about the 'royale mod'?

Sounds interesting.

I'll check it out. alien
Edea
Edea
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:13 am

Ah, Frankfurt. Guess I should have a good ping then Razz I'll take a peak

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Quinn Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 am

Good luck, i dont like ctf but i'll be try.
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 am

Edea wrote:Can you tell us some more about the 'royale mod'?
It's the same mod that has been running on Ndition's for a while, with the random weapons and colourful armour.

Unfortunately the server seems to have some lag spikes occasionally:
BULLDOG wrote:It´s in my favourites too Smile

I tried it already out, but I had some wierd lags. After this I went to ndition and everything was fine. What can this be??
Willow wrote:Yes, I experienced the lag too earlier. I think it's caused by the cpu load balancing on the vps server (because there are more people on it who also need to use the cpu). In that case I'm afraid I won't be able to do much about it. If it persists, maybe I'll have to start looking for a dedicated server after 3 months (I'm still stuck with the vps server for 3 months Razz). I already found some interesting prospects, but they are more expensive. I would be able to provide much more slots on a dedicated server though. Cheapest one I found sofar is € 13,99 a month with unlimited bandwidth. Which is still pretty cheap, but it does require a hefty setup fee.
But I'll worry about that later. Maybe the lag spikes will be less at certain times. Maybe it just was too cheap to be reliable, but I still had to try. It's a nice setup though, I got debian on it. The unix tools are pretty handy for editing the files and checking the logs. Also I can remotely access the actual server console through ssh, which I think would be impossible to do on a windows system (well unless I use a vnc client or something, but that would probably require twice the ram).
Willow
Willow
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:36 am

I liked the old times of my map and duel mode william

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down