Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead.

4 posters

Go down

Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead. Empty Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead.

Post by Ron Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:39 am

Dear friends,

I have circulated this link in facebook and I thought I could get some extra sign ups here!

IN ACCORDANCE with recent resolutions by the UN, International Criminal Court, and Arab League to prosecute Ghadafi et al, WE URGE NileSat and HotBird to STOP BROADCASTING ALL LIBYAN STATE TV Channels that are under Ghadafi's control, as these TV channels are inciting violence against innocent Libyan civilians.

Let´s contribute to end these monsters 's rule!

Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead. Empty Re: Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead.

Post by Snake Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 am

Ron wrote:Dear friends

Sign'ed

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead. Empty Re: Help petition to ban Libya's state TV go ahead.

Post by Ron Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Snake wrote:
Ron wrote:Dear friends

Sign'ed

Thanks mate! Should have guessed you would get involved right away! Let´s hope the best for those poor people given the circumstances they're facing!
Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:49 am

Ron wrote:

Thanks mate! Should have guessed you would get involved right away! Let´s hope the best for those poor people given the circumstances they're facing!

Your welcome mate, of course

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasdor Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:49 am

I'll sign, of course, though I'm not sure it'll do much good. I doubt Ghadafi or the State TV companies will stop broardcasting because some Westerners' said so.
Rasdor
Rasdor
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:24 am

Rasdor wrote:I'll sign, of course, though I'm not sure it'll do much good. I doubt Ghadafi or the State TV companies will stop broardcasting because some Westerners' said so.

HotBird are a series of (badly named) satellites owned by Eutelsat, Nilesat is an Egyptian company that leases and owns a few satellites. Both are PLCs (Public Limited Companies, responsible not to governments but to their international shareholders) and Eutalsat has a history of caving to pressure from groups (admittedly, so far they are all governments with reputations for ruthlessness, but still. They cave in.)

The point of this is to make a bit more trouble for Gaddafi and hope that these companies will uphold their moral responsibilities, even if it won't, in and of itself, bring Gadaffi down.
TKTom
TKTom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:09 am

TKTom wrote:
Rasdor wrote:I'll sign, of course, though I'm not sure it'll do much good. I doubt Ghadafi or the State TV companies will stop broardcasting because some Westerners' said so.

HotBird are a series of (badly named) satellites owned by Eutelsat, Nilesat is an Egyptian company that leases and owns a few satellites. Both are PLCs (Public Limited Companies, responsible not to governments but to their international shareholders) and Eutalsat has a history of caving to pressure from groups (admittedly, so far they are all governments with reputations for ruthlessness, but still. They cave in.)
Thanks a lot Tom, very informative I didn´t really know myself those details just trying to be of some + help in their cause!

TKTom wrote:
The point of this is to make a bit more trouble for Gaddafi and hope that these companies will uphold their moral responsibilities, even if it won't, in and of itself, bring Gadaffi down.

You hit right on the nail, I couldn´t say it better! Cheers mate! + Thanks to Rasdor of course!
Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasdor Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 am

TKTom wrote:

Well, if that's the case, Ghadafi's going down!
Rasdor
Rasdor
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 am

Here are some selected tweets from Libyan tweeters on state TV!
So you get the picture!

(Names of people replaced by ######)

1.LibyaNewMedia LibyaNewMedia
by ChangeInLibya
No one is going to convince me that Egypt can't stop Nilesat stream of Libyan TV or that no one can jam it. They're just greedy monsters.

2. ChangeInLibya
Nilesat are using the story that they're under contractual obligations and can't disable Libyan State TV CHannels.. SHAME ON YOU

3. ######
by ChangeInLibya@
@ChangeInLibya Where was their contractual obligations when they took #AlJazeera off the air during #Egypt uprising? #Hypocrites

4.ChangeInLibya
We CANNOT MANUALLY DISABLED GADDAFI'S CHANNELS.. they broadcast from INSIDE HIS HEAVILY GUARDED COMPOUND

5. ChangeInLibya
Please put pressure on #Nilesat to disable #Libya State TV.. it's getting us killed.

6. 0arb11 ARB Liberty&democra
by ChangeInLibya
RT @ChangeInLibya: If #Libya State TV channels can't be disabled legally then we must start jamming them #feb17 ANYONE Have an Idea??

7. ChangeInLibya ######
Dear #Anonymous #opLibya we need YOU to help us disable and jam the LIBYAN STATE TV CHANNELS on Nilesat responsible for genocide #libya

8.######
by ChangeInLibya
Agreed, taking out #Libya State TV is a big priority. Suggest massive internet campaign to get attention of

9. wheelertweets ######
Nilesat: important weapon in #Gaddafi's propaganda arsenal.. carrying #Gaddafi State TV as official news to ppl in their homes
Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum