Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its finally over.

+10
Spec
Willow
RagnarLodbroke
Hoplite
Snake
Valarya
Barca
Guard_Bjarky
brestos
Frosty
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Its finally over.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Its finally over.

Post by Willow Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Well, ok... the southpark thing was funny Razz
Willow
Willow
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Oh that part? I don't mean that. Whatever.

I'm bored, and spamming. I shouldn't be doing that. I'll retire from this thread.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Lansamur Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Spec wrote:True poetry right there.

Why exactly do people listen to that sort of stuff, though? If it doesn't sound good, doesn't have a meaning, isn't witty or important or remotely interesting, why does it sell?

You just named all the perfect reasons why it sells. I mean, look at German Idol... the only possible witty thing is Bohlen, but he's more insulting than witty...

Lansamur
Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:04 am

I still need someone to explain me the appeal of it. I know that people are happy with bad quality products/services, but I really wonder why. It's not like better stuff would be so well hidden.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 am

Spec wrote:I still need someone to explain me the appeal of it. I know that people are happy with bad quality products/services, but I really wonder why. It's not like better stuff would be so well hidden.

I can't really see any reasonable criteria for judging music (or anything else of the sort) other than its popularity to be honest, this music is popular and therefore I can only assume that it is good quality music.
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 am

To me it sounds identical to most other pop music - well made and produced if lacking in originality. It's weird - people always seem to have so much hate for things aimed at teenage girls - Justin Bieber, boybands etc. There's just as much shit/average music aimed at teenage boys, or indeed adults that never seems to generate this much bile.

EDIT - Another example - Twilight is by all accounts far from good (not read it myself, so I don't know) and people hate it so much. Where as other examples of teen fiction, Harry Potter for example aren't loathed in the same way.
Benfree
Benfree
Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 am

Oh, I didn't mean to bash the 'artist' or his music, just wondering how it keeps coming to these situations.

Though I guess Alex has a point. People seem to just like it. Same with other things where it annoys me much more, such as the popularity of awful videogames.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am

Spec wrote:Oh, I didn't mean to bash the 'artist' or his music, just wondering how it keeps coming to these situations.

Though I guess Alex has a point. People seem to just like it. Same with other things where it annoys me much more, such as the popularity of awful videogames.
I prefer more Willow Smith then him, though that might be because of the style

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:34 am

Wait, wait... wait. Are people ACTUALLY discussing the merits of this music?

There's nothing to it, it's vacuous, autotuned bullshit. It's composed of massive repetition and nonsense*, it's just that the guy who provides the voice for the editing team to work on has become the face of America's "nice boy". Being pushed by the music industry and teen fads. Those guys at RBMG are worth more praise, simply for being able to put this idiot to such prominence.

Justin Bieber himself will most probably die at the age of 21 during inappropriate autoerotic asphyxiation, and won't be missed six months afterwards.

* Honestly, it sounds like an autistic in a maternity ward. "Baby. Baby. Baby. OOOAAAGH. Baby. Baby. Baby. OOOOAARGH" (<- That's a hell of a lot funnier when Russell Howard does it )
TKTom
TKTom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:41 am

Huh, I actually can't distinguish Justin Bieber's music in terms of quality from any other music, but p'raps that's just me.
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 am

From ANY other music? Or any other current pop music? If the former, I'll have to have you shot, I'm afraid :p

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:32 am

Spec wrote:From ANY other music? Or any other current pop music? If the former, I'll have to have you shot, I'm afraid :p

From any music.

When I say I can't distinguish it in terms of quality, I don't mean I can't distinguish its qualities (i.e. tempo, instruments involved or the like), but I can't distinguish how worth-while Justin Bieber's music is from any other piece of music.

Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 am

Someone kill him.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 am

TKTom wrote:(...)
Thumbs Up
Spec wrote:Someone kill him.
BANG!

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 am

Seriously, I don't understand how one piece of music (say Mozart) is better than another (say Justin Bieber). If someone could explain to me this to me in a satisfactory manner, I really would be grateful.
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 am

Sir_Alexander wrote:

Seriously, I don't understand how one piece of music (say Mozart) is better than another (say Justin Bieber). If someone could explain to me this to me in a satisfactory manner, I really would be grateful.
After 100 years people will still remember such great compositor, Mozart.
In 5/10 years, or 20, will they remember bieber?
Edit: If you dont see why Mozart is better then bieber then you just the public that Bieber targets.

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 am

Because it sounds better? Subjectively judged, I mean. Is there no kind of music you rather listen to than another kind of music?
Listening to hip hop for example makes me annoyed and angry. Listening to Jazz cheers me up or relaxes me or might make me happy/sad; depending on pace and style and of course the lyrics (if any) etc. Thus, I like Jazz better.
If, of course, all music is just noise to you, it might be different. But... that'd suck.

Last edited by Spec on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 am; edited 3 times in total

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 am

Spec wrote:
Sir_Alexander wrote:

Because it sounds better? Subjectively judged, I mean. Is there no kind of music you rather listen to than another kind of music?
Listening to hip hop for example makes me annoyed and angry. Listening to Jazz cheers me up. Thus, I like Jazz better.
If, of course, all music is just noise to you, it might be different. But... that'd suck.
Well as a pianist I do prefer Mozart then a three note melody of Bieber,
And after that I like more Tiesto then Bieber, Bob Marley then Bieber, Metallica then Bieber, Black Eyed Peas then Bieber, Rick Astley aka Rick Roll then Bieber, Japanese folk music then Bieber, Portuguese Fado then Bieber.. the list of my music taste goes on, and Bieber still be at the end, or even not be at the list at all.

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 am

Edited my other message to be less simplified.

Edit: SHIT! I edited instead of posting! I f'd up... Fixing this in a minute

@Snake: Yeah, of course. I don't play any instrument sadly, but those generic pop songs just get boring because they all sound the same, all have lyrics not worth listening to and all have a sound that might fit in a club when you're drunk, but that does not add to the mood I want to have when I'm normally listening to music. That is, at home, when I want to relax or entertain myself. Or when I'm with others, though then I prefer having something that I can sing, because involving yourself and others makes it a lot more fun. In those cases I CAN understand how simple music might sometimes be better, but complexity isn't the only quality. It also has to be interesting and, still, make me feel good. Not bored or annoyed.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:38 am

Spec wrote:
Yeah, of course. I don't play any instrument sadly, but those generic pop songs just get boring because they all sound the same, all have lyrics not worth listening to and all have a sound that might fit in a club when you're drunk, but that does not add to the mood I want to have when I'm normally listening to music. That is, at home, when I want to relax or entertain myself. Or when I'm with others, though then I prefer having something that I can sing, because involving yourself and others makes it a lot more fun. In those cases I CAN understand how simple music might sometimes be better, but complexity isn't the only quality. It also has to be interesting and, still, make me feel good. Not bored or annoyed.

Yeah! Thats my point the simplicity and everything is the same, and now all this Auto Tune songs like comon
-.-

True words spec Wink I think same as you, though I dont have many karaoke experiences xD

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 am

Karaoke? Oh I wouldn't sing in front of an audience Razz But I like to sing with friends in small groups, even if it may sound shit :p And I don't need any background music playing for that. Just normal songs like people have always sung them since ages.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am

Snake wrote:
After 100 years people will still remember such great compositor, Mozart.
In 5/10 years, or 20, will they remember bieber?

I don't really get how this means he's better? I'm sure in 100 years Hitler will be remembered better than Chamberlain, does that mean that Hitler was a better ruler? I'm obviously not comparing Hitler to Mozart, just showing why memorability perhaps isn't the best way to judge people.

Snake wrote:
Edit: If you dont see why Mozart is better then bieber then you just the public that Bieber targets.

... so?

@Spec

I don't really get how music is supposed to affect me or w/e, sometimes it creates quite a nice atmosphere, which is why elevator music's often rather nice, but other than that, I don't really get it.
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 am

My god Alex o_o

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 am

Spec wrote:Karaoke? Oh I wouldn't sing in front of an audience Razz But I like to sing with friends in small groups, even if it may sound shit :p And I don't need any background music playing for that. Just normal songs like people have always sung them since ages.
Nice, I must try something like that with my mates Razz Lets see how it will go.

Sir_Alexander wrote:

I don't really get how this means he's better? I'm sure in 100 years Hitler will be remembered better than Chamberlain, does that mean that Hitler was a better ruler? I'm obviously not comparing Hitler to Mozart, just showing why memorability perhaps isn't the best way to judge people.

... You know memorability exist because of the greatness, achievment or wtv, but It seems useless to try to explain something, you are affected by the the syndrome of Justini Bieberum, transmitted virally from Tv's and other media -.-

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:18 am

Snake wrote:
... You know memorability exist because of the greatness, achievment or wtv

I don't really know to be honest, it depends on what you mean by great:

• relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind;
    • I don't really think size has much to do with memorability, there are some pretty long records which aren't really that well-known.

• of major significance or importance;
    • In regards to our current discussion, this definition seems pointless, the fact that it's remembered means that it is 'great' and the fact that it is 'great' means that it is remembered? That would require quite a lot of circular reasoning.

• remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect;
    • This one I suppose might be what you meant, however I don't necessarily think that the out-of-the ordinary is always remembered. There were quite a few stone-circles built across Europe and yet the Stonehenge is well remembered? Many classical composers were creating the same basic type of music and yet some of them are remembered and some not?

Again, surely any piece of music is an achievement? Something has been accomplished in its creation?

Snake wrote:
but It seems useless to try to explain something, you are affected by the the syndrome of Justini Bieberum, transmitted virally from Tv's and other media -.-

To be honest, I have heard only a little of Justin Bieber's music, and the little else which I have heard regarding him is from the strange internet hate-campaigns which seem very popular for some strange reason.

A little bit of ad hominem fallacy in an argument never fails to persuade though, eh?
Sir_Alexander
Sir_Alexander
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum