Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, please :)

4 posters

Go down

Help, please :) Empty Help, please :)

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 am

When i run the game under m$ winblows, my CPU overheats to about 70c, and my usual temperature (on win) is 50c-52c.
When im running games on Linux, on the other hand the CPU is much cooler. I run Nexuis on best graphic settings and the temp is 43c-45c. My usual temp on Linux is 37c-38c.
system:
ga-ma790xt-ud4p
amd phenom 2 x4 955 3200Ghz
corsair xms3 2x2gb ddr3
gigabyte atd radeon hd 4850 512mb (with zalman cooler)
cheiftech 550w

I know the problem is in windows and it's crappy support for hardware, but is there anything i can do besides buying new cooler?
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Help, please :) Empty Re: Help, please :)

Post by brestos Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 am

hey I kinda have the same problem : my CPU reaches the 80°C and my screen becomes brighter and with strange color lines...
So any help would be greatly appreciated!Wink
brestos
brestos
Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Guard_Bjarky Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:08 am

woah, never heard of this kind of problem before, are you guys sure you have cleaned your coolers and fans from dust and stuff?

Guard_Bjarky
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 am

Guard_Bjarky wrote:woah, never heard of this kind of problem before, are you guys sure you have cleaned your coolers and fans from dust and stuff?
Yeah I got that kind of problem once on my laptop, having 70º on minesweep seemed unlogical to me after some weeks

A good old "lungs super blow" on the fans fixed the problem, though a skeleton came out with the dust..

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 pm

My PC is clean as it may be, i clean it throughout every month. And as i already said, on linux it works on optimal temp under heavy loads. Also windows doesn't support core frequency scaling so it's normal for CPU to be +10c (compared to linux). Also windows killed my video card with it's stupid drivers Sad

brestos wrote:hey I kinda have the same problem : my CPU reaches the 80°C and my screen becomes brighter and with strange color lines...
So any help would be greatly appreciated!Wink

Brestos, check your GPU temp and clean it's cooler. and what CPU do you have?
Also, if you could open up your PC and take a fiew pics of it, would help us solve the problem, if it's really a cooling problem.
Help, please :) Cooling
this is how a proper cooling should look like (sorry for the lack of drawing abilities)
there MUST be more fans blowing OUT than in, to make a lower pressure inside the computer.
Also the "stock" effect makes hot air go up and the cold down. And it's very important that the CPU fan will blow the air towards the "exhaust" fan of the case (the rear one). Chack your cooling, clean the heatsinks and the fans, and most important, clean the CPU/GPU and heatsink faces like a mirror and apply new heat past between them so the heat will transfer better.
***DOING ANY KIND OF WORK WITH ANY ELECTRIC DEVICE REMEMBER TO USE ESD PROTECTIION!!!!!
static electric discharge is 2Kv-20Kv, and it may easily blow the flash chips from inside!!!!!
if you don't have any ESD protection devices best way to go is putting a anti-static bag (usually computer parts come in these) over your hend, or simply don't touch any components or pads with your fingers.
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum