Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion!

5 posters

Go down

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion! Empty Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion!

Post by Frosty Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 am

Frosty
Viscount

Back to top Go down

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion! Empty Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion!

Post by Snake Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 am

Frosty wrote:
Wonderful, thanks Frosty, I loved the original one Razz

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion! Empty Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Expansion!

Post by Spec Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am

I don't really like the time period, military-wise. I like either medieval/fantasy settings or modern settings as far as warfare goes. Renaissance, ancient rome/greece/egypt, asian settings and sci fi settings are not all bad, but I don't really like warefare in those. Too bad we can't have the formations and all that jazz in a medieval or at least late medieval setting where firearms may exist, but would not totally have replaced interesting combat.

'cause if you do it realistic, player skill will hardly matter if you're just shooting muskets from formations. If it's sword and spear fighting, player skill does matter, and if it's squad-level tactics with suppressive fire and flanking maneuvers, player skill too matters. But a realistic 17th century setting would, like a realistic WW1 setting, just be boring to play I imagine. Unless I forget about history and just use modern tactics anyway (like what is seen almost every time a town map is selected in a Warband battle server; the game turns into counter strike).

Edit: Given, the 17th isn't quite as bad as what follows, but still less interesting than the 9th-15th.

Spec
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Minutus Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 am

Has anyone found any actual gameplay footage of this "standalone expansion"? There's something fishy about it. This expansion was made by some Ukrainian game studio, and has already been released in several countries quite some time ago. There are two versions lying around - one using the original M&B engine and one using Warband engine. I've seen mostly negative comments so far from those who have already played it, though most of them were made because the game seemed to be too bugged to be playable. I've also heard they made modding harder (to prevent using its features in normal Warband mods) in this one. However, it seems that TW is working on this new release of it too, so maybe there will be some changes.

Apart from these two expansions, there is also a free Warband mod in the making that carries the very same name. It's an impressive looking mod and has a whole bunch of new features in it. You can see a lot of gameplay videos of it from Ensis1410 youtube channel. It's in beta test phase (the server you see for WF&S in serverlist is for this mod, not for the expansion). Here's a video about some of the new features they added: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1c_IRxWRmM

Minutus
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:51 am

Wow Calling horse? Thats like uber puper awesome sauce feature! Very Happy
Edit: Love those Polish Winged Hussars

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 pm

WOHA!!!!!!!!! im gonna finish the game for Ukrain!!!!!!! hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile COSSACKS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:08 pm

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:WOHA!!!!!!!!! im gonna finish the game for Ukrain!!!!!!! hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile COSSACKS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cossacks pown! Very Happy

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:18 am

Okay I got abit confused...
There is actually a mod that is being build since 2006 and this expantion that was announced..
Mod author quoted(Page 4 on Source link):
Slawomir of Aaarrghh:Yes, there are - historical settings and the title. We have been using "With Fire and Sword" title since 2006. Guys form CD-Projekt (distributor of the game so far) knew that exactly. Even better - somewhere in 2009, few months before the first version of the game was annouced in Poland they contacted team members of WFaS mod and asked them about various things. They were especially interested when the mod will be ready. We thought that they're planning to release a special edition of Mount&Blade with additional CD containing biggest mods. Well, we were wrong. Few months later CD-Projekt annouced a game called "M&B: Ogniem i Mieczem" which means exactly "With Fire and Sword". The first version was just pure shit, buggy as hell and totally unplayable, but thanks to the catchy title and Winged Hussars theme they sold many copies in Poland. Two months ago they released second version with subtitle "Dzikie Pola" (Wild Fields) - less buggy, with some new graphics and using Warband engine. This is the game that soon will be sold worldwide.

Funny thing is that they cannot force us to change the mod name, no matter how hard they want us to. There's no way that they can trademark the "With Fire and Sword" title

Im still confused and what is what Neutral (at least which one is the best)

Source

Edit: The video that Spec send is from the mod, not expansion

Doble fail, facepalm edit: Lawl Spec did say its from mod, note to self: read carefully.

Snake
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down