Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Top 10

+15
RagnarLodbroke
Zotte
Danish General
BD_Baby_Wolf
Akita
Hubbel
Morii
Benfree
Sir_Alexander
Baldwin
Lansamur
virus_found
kekn
Snake
The_Storm
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Top 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Top 10

Post by Danish General Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 am

Thanks Zotte -_____- Nice clan members I got here...
Danish General
Danish General
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Storm Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:25 am

Bit harsh coming from Zotte there. Danish, you are good, but you seem to be too ingulfed in feinting to notice when someone wallops you.
The_Storm
The_Storm
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:06 am

Please, guys, it's a top 10. There are so many people I would like to add, but a top 10 consists of... surprise... 10 people. I saw holigar (or something) on nditions once and were totally awesome. Ulfrik on swadian duel server last night was almost phyrex-god-like. angantyr is a dane like me and would definitely place him in a top 10 too if there was any room.

I can add you and storm and everyone else that have ever really impressed me... but the list would be endless. Zotte on the other hand I could place fairly easy... at the very bottom! Laughing

Just kidding'
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Zotte Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am

People should be less serious, danish of course we all know you are an amazing duelist.

Zotte
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnarLodbroke Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 am

Zotte wrote:People should be less serious, danish of course we all know you are an amazing duelist.

I cant beat him with a sword, but im pretty good at barfights!

Bring it on Very Happy
RagnarLodbroke
RagnarLodbroke
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffi Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 am

The best duellist I've ever seen is some guy called Mr. Heineken, he bet the shit out of me several times, he is a great thrower, cavalry, onehander, twohander, and not to forget polearm and xbow. But his real skills belong to his epic archery skills.

Razz
Toffi
Toffi
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Morii Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:05 am

Toffi wrote:The best duellist I've ever seen is some guy called Mr. Heineken, he bet the shit out of me several times, he is a great thrower, cavalry, onehander, twohander, and not to forget polearm and xbow. But his real skills belong to his epic archery skills.

Razz

I bet he has some awesome drinking skills as well!
Morii
Morii
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffi Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:55 am

well, that's his big problem, he can't drink that much... cause if he drinks

YOU WILL DIE.
Toffi
Toffi
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnarLodbroke Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Toffi wrote:The best duellist I've ever seen is some guy called Mr. Heineken, he bet the shit out of me several times, he is a great thrower, cavalry, onehander, twohander, and not to forget polearm and xbow. But his real skills belong to his epic archery skills.

Razz

haha Very Happy The best guy i've ever seen in a duel, is called UUUUUMAN!

Damn those iron fists!
RagnarLodbroke
RagnarLodbroke
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffi Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:30 am

oh yes, UUUMAAANNN's nickname is "THE IRON FIST"
Toffi
Toffi
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 am

I have been playing in Nditions since it run only in the ruins map and remember moderators ( kicking players that did randoming). I seen people like Phyrex, Ulrick, Hubblel and Baldwing sweeping the field and getting killed like 4 times when they slaughter like more than 60 people. Truly a sight to see Phyrex just in trousers totally covered in his opponent's blood after a 20 kill strike. I guess there are people with good level of skill that I haven´t seen much in action e.g., M, Toffi, Minutus, Elmira (Virus), Snake, TKTom and Sir_Alexander). My list includes people I have seen playing through time and those that have brought their skills to ace level recently e.g., Storm, Benfree and Kenkn.

Phyrex, Hubbel, Ulrik ,Baldwin, Storm, Rangemelon, Kenkn , Willow, Benfree and Tezrian.

One thing I've noticed is that most of these people have low pings, much less than 50 in most cases. I can perform combo attacks, faints, blocks and even chamber blocks with ease at the same speed and precision as an ace on my computer i.e., 0 ping. On Nditions and Swadian duel servers I never get a ping below 70. It is like playing on a swimming pool the swings feel heavy, the lag means a player with small ping always hits first is more difficult to block (especially if they feint) and one's own combos and feints get stalled. As a result if a good player with low pings is present forget the top of the table. All that makes it difficult to develop the skills of the aces, if you do have them half the time they don´t work. Now, there is a new server that runs sieges where I often get a ping of about 55-60 and I feel a huge difference. I don't believe this only happens to me for a second .

This is my personal experience and I think ping affects performance and should be taken into account for the ranking.

Last edited by Ron on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:13 am

I think you're right. I really sucked ass when my ping went from 23 to 45, but I've learnt to live with it. You just have to accept that sometimes you will get killed by instant attacks that you never really saw coming... but who am I to say that, still I got less than you. When I get my own appartment I will get some fiber connection giving me 11 ping on all servers, even those in the US :alex:
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 am

kekn wrote:I think you're right. I really sucked ass when my ping went from 23 to 45, but I've learnt to live with it.
what are you whining about? my ping is always 80-120 Smile
BD_Baby_Wolf
BD_Baby_Wolf
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Storm Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:33 am

I personally think that when your ping goes above the 175 mark, that's when duelling becomes difficult. Anything below that is fine for me. I can't understand why people say that it's really hard to play at 50 ping. I'm usually at 50 ping or 40 ping, and I'm not boasting here, but I'm one of the top people on the leaderboards on Nditions.
The_Storm
The_Storm
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 am

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:
kekn wrote:I think you're right. I really sucked ass when my ping went from 23 to 45, but I've learnt to live with it.
what are you whining about? my ping is always 80-120 Smile

Just sayin'... what you're used to is generally what defines that line. playing Crpg with 80 ping usually means I can't see my own feints, and not at all the enemy's.

I have warband on my laptop so I can play when I'm at home with my parents, but this means doubling my ping on nditions. Even though I do okay, my K/D ratio is quadrubled... enough for ragequit Razz
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:59 pm

The_Storm wrote:a) I personally think that when your ping goes above the 175 mark, that's when duelling becomes difficult...

b) I'm usually at 50 ping or 40 ping, and I'm not boasting here, but I'm one of the top people on the leaderboards on Nditions.

a) Sorry for dragging this issue further, but I must say you put the limit a bit high 175 ms lag is a lot! Just think almost 1/5 of a second from the time you click for a swing to the time your character executes it. In most forum threads I have read out there more than 120 ms results in poor performance for most FPS games. In this type of game that relies more on reaction timing I would put the comfort threshold on 100-120 for battles and the like and 80-100 for dueling.

b) No doubt you are a skilled dueler I placed you fourth in my list. However, I doubt you would perform equally with a ping of above 70, I bet your K\D ratio would not be the same. I have seen you play and your game relies lot on feints if you pull them out at half the speed they are easier to follow by a good blocker.

Ron
Ron
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Storm Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 am

I suppose you have a point, Ron. 175 is a bit much. And you're right when you say my game relies on feints alot and that if my lagg goes high, my K/D goes down. I'm just trying to say that you're expecting a bit much if you think that your ping should be under 25 to play. Because 175 is a bit big for duelling, I'd probably say now that 100 ping or 90 or above is when duels become rather difficult to play. For me at least. Feinting becomes hard at 90+ ping as you can't see what the feints are. My character stutters in the middle of them.
The_Storm
The_Storm
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tezrian Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 am

I think the problem is more even a different ping of 20 or so, unlike in other games, change the timeing a lot. I mean with a little time its possble to fight with a ping near to 100 but it isnt that fun for me. Yeah sounds harsh but I think thats more because you get a feeling with your "natural" ping and if it get worser, you cant do all the things in duells or battle that you can do normaly.

Its for exemple a lot harder to do the risky for going on a zero hit from the enemy. With good ping you can do it with the right footwork and might a bit luck. And Feinting is really odd when the ping is high. Esp. hard is this, if you have a high ping and the enemy has 1h+shield, than its become for me a guessing thing. And other 100 you can really most of the time just take 1h+shield because blocking is than really difficult.

Yeah some attacks you can still block with 2h but fast attacks (1h or bastard swords) + feinting are than insane xD. Thats at least for me. In WB the ping has an important factor.

The Top 10? No i dont write just 10 names because I Think that just dont hit the nail. I even fought people that didnt had that high K/D but were for me really difficult to win against, and others just cut trough them like butter. I enjoyed fighting with many to just say a few names:
Phrex (hard to beat = great challenge), kekn (a lot of duells and you got really great), minutes (hard to beat= "), Uruk (Uruk is cool), Wierdo (hard to beat= "), Bulldog (the classic Bulldogjump xD), Benfree (I hope i remind right but nice defensiv fighting style), Wolf (for improving and never giving up), Alex (hard to beat= "), ramses (Ramsesstlye), Spook (i like his fighting style very much), M (hard to beat= "), Elemira (nice duel´s), Willow (hard to beat = "), Ragni, Kairo, .... and so on. Men I could look for the names and could write maybe a hole page. xD To many names to many reminds, I just cant make a Top 10. I saw a lot of players getting better and better, thats something special I think. Many became a "great challenge" too. The names are not a ranking or so. They just people I played a lot with them (like in Duels or Battles). Its just to many Names to remember all Sad.

* that = " means great challenge i was to lazy to write it all the time xD. My words here:
so many nice times, so many nice duels, so many nice battles, so many nice teamspeak times, so many...

Last edited by Tezrian on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot the Top 10 -.-)

Tezrian
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacman Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 am

1. New_Player_FTW- IMO the best dueller, I spent a lot of my time fighting with him (we started to fight on nditions some time after Warband release).
2. Phyrex- My guru. I can remember time when he couldn't block my overheads. I started to use lolstabs as 3rd person after I stole it from him (he stole it from some1 other Surprised )
3. muckmuckDOO- Great skill, friendly player, he teached me things about effective duelling.
4. Gorn- I love to fight with him, he isn't aboosing feints like other players do.
5. Alex- PROGRESS. I could kill him everytime when we played first time, now he is one of the best players on nditions.
6. Goblet- same thing as Alex, but he is my slave and he isn't one of the best players Razz
7. Elmira- the best chamberer, now it dissapeared Sad
8. Very, very long nothing.
9. Pacman, for his awesome spins addon.
10. All the good duellers who I didn't mention- it's just because of that I didn't play very long with you or I just don't like to fight you.
Pacman
Pacman
Sergeant

http://www.youfail.org

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 am

Gorn, You thinking of that gorN guy always roaming the duel servers with a 1hander?
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacman Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 am

Yeah?
Pacman
Pacman
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 am

kk, just wanted to be sure. That guy uses kicks way too much, it's easy to just circle him when he tries to and hit him in the back. But he's absolutely brilliant at timing his attacks and a very confident blocker as well. One of MY favorite targets in the duel server when I practice 1h.
kekn
kekn
King

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacman Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:53 am

I think that he takes duelling in the same way as me- practice before battles. I think that duelling is the best way to learn how and when to kick, also how to manual block.
Pacman
Pacman
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum