Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Exploiting bugs in duelling....

+8
    Valarya
    BD_Baby_Wolf
    Snake
    Frosty
    kekn
    Benfree
    Sir_Alexander
    The_Storm
    12 posters

Go down

Exploiting bugs in duelling.... Empty Exploiting bugs in duelling....

Post by The_Storm Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:53 am

I'm finding it quite annoying that Taleworlds has allowed hiltslashing to be in Warband. It's basically exploiting a bug and kinda cheating really. It's very cheap. Does anyone agree? Because I really want Taleworlds to get rid of this exploited bug which is ruining duels for me quite alot.
    The_Storm
    The_Storm
    Knight

Back to top Go down

Exploiting bugs in duelling.... Empty Re: Exploiting bugs in duelling....

Post by Sir_Alexander Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 am

Disagree. Just like any other tactic in Warband it only works for a couple of duels the very first time you encounter it before you realise what they're doing and counter it.
    Sir_Alexander
    Sir_Alexander
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Benfree Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 am

No I don't agree, and it's not really a bug - however annoying it is. I seem to remember you feint like crazy in duels - I find feinting very irritating, the lack of decent animations for feints makes you look very silly, if you're an average manual blocker it's not hard to block it just minimises your role in a fight - I find it off-putting. Feint spamming is not a bug, it's simply taking advantage of a very complex combat system - same as hilt-slashing.
    As with any tactic there is a counter - for a hilt slasher become very passive and block everything, only attack when they're right in-front of you - makes for a dull fight, but more often than not it works and it annoys them, which is good for vengeance. I would imagine there's a host of other viable tactics.

Benfree
    Benfree
    Admin

https://nditionsduel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 am

Hehe, however annoying it is, I can come up with a looooong list of "exploits" that does the exact same. The instant spinthrust being one of them, as well as the excessive body-twisting feints that you also use yourself! I remember you said once that you use it because it works, it confuses the enemy. So what's the difference from hiltslashing?

As Benfree points out, it adds to the complexity of the combat system. Even though I get pretty annoyed when I fall for these tricks, I wouldn't be without these differences in style and possible attack variations. How dull the game would be! Smile
    kekn
    kekn
    King

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:54 am

Many games have bugs which have been around for years, Look at Counter-Strike Source...

The bugs on that game are used so much there not even classed as bugs anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frosty
    Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 am

Frosty wrote:Many games have bugs which have been around for years, Look at Counter-Strike Source...

The bugs on that game are used so much there not even classed as bugs anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Exploiting bugs in duelling.... Shock

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by BD_Baby_Wolf Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Now WTF is hiltslashing????
    BD_Baby_Wolf
    BD_Baby_Wolf
    Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Valarya Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 pm

I guess he wants the hiltslashing removed, because he looses against it all the time. If he'd use it himself he wouldnt vote for a remove Wink Obviously feintspamming is as annoying, same goes for mouse-sensitivy 50000 spinning while attacking. Its just off, fights wont work as fluently and all those tactics put you back into a ultra passive role. You can only react, not act.

BD_Baby_Wolf wrote:Now WTF is hiltslashing????

I'd like to know also >.>
    Valarya
    Valarya
    Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lansamur Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Hiltslashing... Meh. It's annoying, but it doesn't actually do a lot... At least in my experiences it didn't even stun me. Or I'm having the wrong picture of hiltslashing.

Imo: Imagine Hiltslashing like this:
    Opponents stand next to each other, facing opposite directions. The left player strikes from right to left and hits the opponent with a soft "thud". That's hiltslashing, if I'm not completely wrong there.

Lansamur
    Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by kekn Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 am

Well, it's basically a tactic where you try to get past the opponents block in order to put in 2 strikes after eachother. The opponent will be so off they won't be able to react to the second strike.

I've heard several possible counters to the tactic, but not all of them works for me, though. The thing is, it is possible to counter it... I've sparred with Okocha many many times to figure it out and slowly building up a strategy based on my wins. Instead of avoiding these guys, fight them, lose, learn, and then beat the crap out of them for using this dirty shit. After that you might find them using regular tactics and have some nice duels, heh Smile

This is the fun part of duelling... figuring out why the hell you lost the duel, learn, and start winning in stead!
    kekn
    kekn
    King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Alexander Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 am

If someone's attempting to hilt-slash you:

1) Back-pedal like crazy, sure it's an annoying tactic, but they can hardly complain.

2) As soon as they start walking to your side, block twice.

3) Hiltslash them back.

4) Practice keeping facing your opponents.

5) ???

6) PROFIT!!!
    Sir_Alexander
    Sir_Alexander
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasdor Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:23 am

Valarya wrote:I guess he wants the hiltslashing removed, because he looses against it all the time. If he'd use it himself he wouldnt vote for a remove Wink Obviously feintspamming is as annoying, same goes for mouse-sensitivy 50000 spinning while attacking. Its just off, fights wont work as fluently and all those tactics put you back into a ultra passive role. You can only react, not act.

No offence Storm, but Valarya hit the nail on the head. You are like that.....at times....*Waits for a Storm rage*
    Rasdor
    Rasdor
    Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Storm Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 am

Rasdor wrote:
    Valarya wrote:I guess he wants the hiltslashing removed, because he looses against it all the time. If he'd use it himself he wouldnt vote for a remove Wink Obviously feintspamming is as annoying, same goes for mouse-sensitivy 50000 spinning while attacking. Its just off, fights wont work as fluently and all those tactics put you back into a ultra passive role. You can only react, not act.

No offence Storm, but Valarya hit the nail on the head. You are like that.....at times....*Waits for a Storm rage*

Uhm. I don't know Valarya's sex so I can't say either he or she is right. You are right, though, Rasdor. You'd be like that too you know. Also, Rasdor, if you wanted a rage to laugh at, you aren't getting one Smile.

What confuses me is how you even perform a hiltslash.
    The_Storm
    The_Storm
    Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TKTom Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 am

The_Storm wrote:
    Uhm. I don't know Valarya's sex so I can't say either he or she is right.

Kalashnikitty Avatar. She is a she.

TKTom
    TKTom
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm not sure they should do anything about it. Warband uses a complex freeform combat system, to fix it they would probably need to change the hitboxes or sweetspots. This would probably result in more glances and whiffs, especially against facehuggers. It might even create a new exploitable strategy for facehuggers to walk into swings and counter during the attack stun.
    I agree that it's a cheap tactic, so is seizure feinting, infinite holds and continuous backpeddling. But fortunately there are plenty of skilled duelers who don't do stuff like that, and I have great duels with them. I'd like to look at it as a karmic system, if people fight in a controlled manner without relying on such cheap tactics they'll find that many other people won't use them either. But when I come across somebody who does fight "dirty", I won't hesitate to throw every cheap trick I can think of at them.

So there you have it, karma... Usually the ones I see ragequit from the server got bitten by it in the ass Razz
    Willow
    Willow
    Viscount

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:37 am

TKTom wrote:
    The_Storm wrote:
    Uhm. I don't know Valarya's sex so I can't say either he or she is right.

Kalashnikitty Avatar. She is a she.

Valarya's my love! She denied my marriage proposition, that means she is indeed a girl!
    One of those that we can only hear in legends and myths about the existence of girls

Snake
    Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down